I got a free car! you'd never guess what it was!

Other - General Mazda Discussions
mazda915

Re: I got a free car! you'd never guess what it was!

Post by mazda915 »

that i soo coool man omg haha ur one lucky son of a gun , good things happen to good people !! :D
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Evo_Spec wrote:
neli_nael wrote:i guessed it was an mx3...you are wrong. i win the car.
come up to alberta to pick it up =D
If you're looking to get rid of it I'll take it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

wytbishop wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:
neli_nael wrote:i guessed it was an mx3...you are wrong. i win the car.
come up to alberta to pick it up =D
If you're looking to get rid of it I'll take it.
haha, i was actually considering you if i was going to get rid of it because i knew you been looking for a rust free one but i haven't decided yet, we'll see
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I'm only joking man. My wife would actually, literally murder me if I even brought up getting another car.

Edit: she says I can have it if it's $1 or less.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Wow... and to think I was excited last night when I bought a sandwich at Winco. The sub was labeled a 1/2 sub, so it was $2 cheaper... Made my day in fact, not I just kind of hate myself... Not really, but awesome find!!! Don't forget the work log. ;)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

When you change the oil i was told to fill the oil filter before you put it on because the car essentially runs without oil until that fills... and Look up some Lucas oil treatment... My friend has "seized" his engine (run it right out of oil till it stopped running) and every time he goes out the next day and pours oil in it and Lucas, and the Damn thing starts.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I fill my filter. If you prime the motor first its not so bad.

if your dechoke works properly, after your oil change crank it with the throttle and the clutch fully depressed, that stops the spark and fuel for exactly this purpose.

Do it just before the oil change and check if your car still starts. If it does, s---, your TPS is off, or something more complicated to hunt down. Next time unplug the FUEL INJ fuse and the distributor plugs instead.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you decide to get rid of it, I'd take a freebie :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm sure i could get 5 bucks rather than give it away XD

anyways, i'm waiting to get some time off work to go back to calgary to go pick it up so i'll update this post when i do that
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Update? I'll start the bidding at $5.50
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

lol damn it! i'll get to it guys i swear XD
yeah sorry, things have been kind of messed up here so i never got if chance to go back home
i have plans to move back home now at the end of september, so expect some updates then or early october =)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Ryan wrote:If it does, you put in too much and would have hydrolocked it :)
awesome, i'll put the tbs that you recommended.
any recommendation on how to get the oil in? i assume to use a funnel with a tube or something?
You will not hydrolock an engine with oil. It's a lubricant. I had oil POURING from the bottom end because my rings were gone. do not worry about the amount you put in there, if you feel like you put in too much. that just means it's going to be a smokey start.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

SuperK wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:
Ryan wrote:If it does, you put in too much and would have hydrolocked it :)
awesome, i'll put the tbs that you recommended.
any recommendation on how to get the oil in? i assume to use a funnel with a tube or something?
You will not hydrolock an engine with oil. It's a lubricant. I had oil POURING from the bottom end because my rings were gone. do not worry about the amount you put in there, if you feel like you put in too much. that just means it's going to be a smokey start.
well that's good to know, thanks!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Alright, sorry for the long awaited update on this thing.
so....I GOT IT!!!

that is all.

haha jokes. ok so yes, instread of just going right to pictures and stuff i thought i'd bore you guys with story.
On second thought, i'm lazy and tired so i'll just do it like a worklog which i'll copy and paste to an actual worklog, mwuahhahahaha

So i didn't get a good look at it last time i was out here but it's in as good as condition i hoped for but it's still pretty rust free (will still need to confirm this but further inspecting it)
This is the car where it sat for 8 years unused and unloved.
If you look close you can see the car bra that was on there before i took it off.

The previous owner smashed this side and that's probably when he stopped driving it, looks like he put bondo or something over the metal to stop rust or something.

This is how the engine looked before i started working on it

And the interior that needs some dusting and vacuuming.
what looks like an untouched seat.

128104 km's 8)

So i got to work on it and pumped up all the tires first because i figured after i was done everything if the tires still held air i wouldn't have any major leaks, which i didn't! yay!

So i drained the oil and i had some trouble finding the oil filter because i never worked on a V6 before XD
After i found it i couldn't get it off even after removing the splash guards and going from underneath so i just hammered a screw driver through and that sucker came right off with the extra leverage. There was a Mopar oil filter on there that was a little bigger than the Mobil 1 oil filter i got.
I added 1.5-2 tbsp of oil to each cylinder, it was kinda hard to judge how much went in with the funnel thing i made so i put more just in case, added the new oil and installed the new spark plugs, checked all the fluids making sure i won't need to fill anything up before i attempted to start this thing.
I put some Seafoam in the gas tank hoping to.....i dunno rejuvinate the gasoline in there on top of adding 5L of brand new gasoline, luckily there was little gasoline left in the tank saving me from having to siphon old gas.

After double, triple checking everything, i went to start it! (yes i'm super excited and my nick name is emo and i mention the speedo because my BP-T mx-3's speedo doesn't work XD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ff3XbfUoBM

Finally sitting outside in the beautiful sun with a thick layer of dust protecting it from the UV rays xD
Those retarded blind spot mirrors are coming off, don't worry
If you look close you can see cat footsteps in the dust on the hood XD

I drove it home taking the back roads so that i didn't have to do any highway speeds and could choose what my rev's were, and it drove really well besides the CV's being mangled.
The V6's are quite different from the 4cyl's that i'm so used to, it also sounds super awesome.

Car wash!!! (it looks like clear peeling or something on the hood but it's not peeling or anything at all)

So my plans so far are to clean up the interior and change out the CV's (they're clicking like mad) and change out all the fluids and i'll see where i want to go from there.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Major rust spots are the rockers at the back of the front fender and the front of the rear fender. Also the tops of the front fenders where they bolt to the unibody. Also check the rear well where the rear washer fluid container lives.

If it turns out to be rust free-ish and you're interested in selling it next year some time I'm interested. If not...welcome to the V6 club.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “General Mazda”