[WTB] V6 Cooling Filler Neck from mx-3, mx-6 or probe

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
precidia92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

[WTB] V6 Cooling Filler Neck from mx-3, mx-6 or probe

Post by precidia92 »

Hi !
I have a 92 Mx-3 GS K8 1.8 V6 engine and i deeply need the Cooling Filler Neck Which its located on the upper left corner of the valve cover Mine is broke and no where in the Toronto GTA i was able to found it. i would need it ASAP b/c I have to leave for N-B tomorrow night.

So please anyone in Toronto markham or mississauga that have a mx-3, mx-6 or probe v6 engine for parts, please email me now at anytime!! i could send you a picture of the part i need and then you could check if you have it. I will buy it right away.

i've posted the pics on kijiji here is my post

kijiji Ad ID 283676095

thanks
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [WTB] V6 Cooling Filler Neck from mx-3, mx-6 or probe

Post by Sleeper6 »

Hi,
I dont have a spare but Im thinking yours might have broke the same way as mine and I can offer an easy fix if it split at the seam, 2 muffler clamps, 2 2 1/2" long bolts&nuts and some permatex blue sealant. Apply sealant along the grove, then take your two muffler clamps and use the bottom piece that does the clamping and squeaze it in a vice so it pinches the seam (the ones I used fit tight as a glove) then you can tap both clamp ends on and use the bolts to secure them and it will hold all the pressure.

End result looks like this!
Sry for the bad pic hope this helps! Its held on mine for 2+yrs now
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I had the same issue with my old 92. The neck is plastic but the new one was metal. I believe I ended up at the stealership though :(
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If i find my spare I'll let you know. Dealership price for that part is way too high. Fir the time being try scuffing the inner surface and use epoxy to coat the area, may work for a week or two.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Agreed! I ended up at the dealership but that doesn't mean I liked it or would recommend it if you could find it elsewhere.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”