Realigning Reverse idler shaft?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
mobius

Realigning Reverse idler shaft?

Post by mobius »

So the lock bolt that holds the reverse idler shaft in place fell out at some point and now I can engage every gear easily and smoothly except reverse its a 4 cyl dohc if that helps :lol:

Now I sit under the tranny and I can see part of the shaft, and i managed to move it in a way that lets me see about half of the threaded hole for the reverse idler shaft that threads to the lock bolt on the outside of the transmission.... I tried to take a picture but i cant get it to show what im trying to describe lol

Now the problem is I cant get it to move back into alignment with the hole for the lock bolt to thread my new bolt into place and was wondering if there was an easy way to cheat it back into place without taking the transmission apart :lol:

If someone could help that'd be sweet :lol:

I found this link here:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... er#p402218
with pictures (about 8 down) but to me it looks like it should just move back into place :confused2: so i guess im missing something...
mx3stylez

Re: Realigning Reverse idler shaft?

Post by mx3stylez »

That part swivels pretty easily, so you should be able to stick a terminating screw driver or something small in there and align it
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed

Return to “Transmissions”