KL31 ecu reseting

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KL31 ecu reseting

Post by eunosklde »

Hey boyz,Ive got a mazda mx3 with a late model KLZE long neck running a jap spec KL31 ecu and JE50 vaf.The car was going strong when i swapped over the ecu from K8 to a KL31.My mate asked me to try using the KL02 i had sitting round.Soon as i put the KL02 vaf it ran like crap as i told him it would.The thing is ever since i swapped the JE50 back,the car isnt as strong.The car Seems to be lacking power but lacking more torque low down pull and it flat spots round 30000 rpm to 3800.The question i got wots the best way to reset the ecu.I know you pull the neg off the battery and wait 15mins.And to completly reset is to put your foot on the brake for 15 secs and when the cars on let it idle for 15 mins so it pulls the right cods.Should i reset ecu on a cold night does air temp effect ecu mapping.Sorry bout the long message and thnx for any help you guys give me..Cheers
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: KL31 ecu reseting

Post by Daninski »

Check that your VAF doesn't have a vac leak. Ya disconnect neg and depress brake pedal. It's suggested this be done during a full moon just before midnite. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”