Misfire

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdafamiliamx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Misfire

Post by mazdafamiliamx3 »

so i put a new distributor in and it eliminated several of my issues, it still sounds shitty but probably because of the plugs so im going to change those and see what happens! no more crazy bog down and hesitation though.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sometimes its just not one thing but a combination of a couple of issues. Good Luck
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

so what issues were solved with the new distributir
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
mazdafamiliamx3

Post by mazdafamiliamx3 »

it fixed the motor bogging down under 2500 rpms and the crazy backfiring but one of the cylinders still isn't firing. i think its #6 or whichever is the back to the far left of the motor. I pull the wire and nothing changes.... new spark plugs too. Also any one know why our wires are so damn expensive!
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

lol every thing is expensive lol
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

mazdafamiliamx3 wrote:it fixed the motor bogging down under 2500 rpms and the crazy backfiring but one of the cylinders still isn't firing. i think its #6 or whichever is the back to the far left of the motor. I pull the wire and nothing changes.... new spark plugs too. Also any one know why our wires are so damn expensive!
is the #6 ignition wire producing spark?

if you do a search threw mooneggs (i think, maybe fowljesse's) worklog he has a guide on how to mod msd universal wires to fit. i got a V8 set for $60cad and i have two spare wires for if i have problems down the road.

might also be a good idea to swap one of the known good ignition cables to cylinder 6's plug/cap and see if it helps. cylinders need vacuum (oxygen), spark and fuel to ignite properly. if ones missing its not going to work. youve ruled out compression, now check spark then look into fuel (injector)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

1 3 5 back
2 4 6 front
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”