Want another mx-3, help!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mazdafamiliamx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Want another mx-3, help!

Post by mazdafamiliamx3 »

So i was looking around and seeing how clean everyone elses mx-3s are was wondering if you guys found them clean with minimal exterior damage or had to get it that way. Ive been looking in the tri state area and all if not most are in terrible condition. should i just be patient and hope? lol
Ryan

Re: Want another mx-3, help!

Post by Ryan »

yeah thats pretty much the tactic, unless you have skill or money.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
ice_mann
antispam: No

Post by ice_mann »

Patience is the key young grasshopper... :lol: The right one that you won't be able to pass up will come available.
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
mazdafamiliamx3

its just ridiculous, i search craigslist often and nothing... shoot ill take a clean shell and then some people price it out of what im willing to pay for a car not in demand... people around here already over price 240sx's.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You're trying to find a MINT car that is 15 years old at it's youngest, that's alot of time and age. People know if their car is mint and rust free, and they'll charge for it. You either pay to get a mint one, or you get a rotting away one for cheap. If you're going to find a cheap & mint one, you'll be looking for a long time...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mazdafamiliamx3

Nd4SpdSe wrote:You're trying to find a MINT car that is 15 years old at it's youngest, that's alot of time and age. People know if their car is mint and rust free, and they'll charge for it. You either pay to get a mint one, or you get a rotting away one for cheap. If you're going to find a cheap & mint one, you'll be looking for a long time...
i hear where ya coming from but if you were to see the condition of some of the cars ive seen you would understand my frustration lol.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Oh i know, there's hadly any nice ones out there. When I was shopping for a replacement, one old man had one, original owner, it was a 94 I believe, in excellent shape (but still had a few odd small holes in the underbody/frame that would need to be fixed, but they were small and easy fixes. I was just being super-super-picky since I had lost mine to rust, but he was also asking $3500 for it. Imagine, I got my Mx-3, at 10 years old for $4200 with 108'000kms on it, and I'd be looking at 15 year old Mx-3 with 250'000kms on it (mind you it was going to be swapped to a built-ZE) for $1000 less. I saw this summer, (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend, I stopped to get bolts to mount the front plate holder to my Rx-8 I had gotten the day before, and that car was still forsale, parked at the corner or the mall as I had first seen it years ago. It's been fors ale for 2-3 years now. But after that, I realised hwo hard it was going to be to find a new perfect Mx-3, but also how much money in total I was going to have to spend to get an Mx-3 back on the road, and logically abandonned to move onto something else.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:You're trying to find a MINT car that is 15 years old at it's youngest, that's alot of time and age. People know if their car is mint and rust free, and they'll charge for it. You either pay to get a mint one, or you get a rotting away one for cheap. If you're going to find a cheap & mint one, you'll be looking for a long time...
I went a different route than most people... I scored.

I went for a car that ran PERFECTLY, but had cosmetic issues. Key marks, dents/dings, and faded paint.

The kicker, Not a spot of rust on the entire car. In the year I've had it, I've torn almost everything off her, and the ONLY rust I've found was under my DS power window seal. Body work and a DIY paint job are in order after I finish the engine. =)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Needle in a haystack
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Needle in a haystack
True, but there's not a spot of rust in the usual suspect areas, nor anywhere else I've seen. I've cleaned the underbody repeatedly and found none there, aside from the exhaust itself. The entire carpet and interior from the seats back has been removed repeatedly as well, there simply isn't any rust anywhere to be found. The spot in the DS door is about 3/4" by 2.5", and it is surface only so far as I can tell, if it's deeper I'll go for a new door.

Oregon seems to be pretty good about rust anyways, no salt on the roads helps too of course. I honestly wouldn't live somewhere where they salt the roads... Avoid it like the plague.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”