my beloved mx3 got smashed

Off-Topic Discussions
Newfie_dan

my beloved mx3 got smashed

Post by Newfie_dan »

So today when I was out and about I got in an accident with my beloved mx3 3 weeks after body and paint, long story short green light at a t intersection we started to go when someone ran a red making the person in front of me stop I stopped about 1.5 cars behind the guy since I saw the van run the light and got rear ended pretty hard by a 91 chev 1500. Smaller rear window smashed, hatch bent up, unibody bent in the rear end and I bumped the guy in front as a result of getting nailed and broke the plastic on the front bumper of my car and some very light damage to the guy in front of me. It sucks big time but such is life.
johnmx3ze

Re: my beloved mx3 got smashed

Post by johnmx3ze »

sorry to hear this...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Irreparable rear end frame damage?

either way, she's going to be written off...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

yup, thats what I am figuring problem is that sgi (insurance) here can be a bunch of a-holes, so I hope that its not to much of a battle with them.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sounds cut and dry to me. You may get dinged with hitting the guy ahead of you then you sue the guy who hit you from behind to recoup. Did you fall out the door and cry whip lash cuz if so my Lawyers wold like to hear from you, the law office of Dewy, Burnham and Howe. Good firm. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I'd go to doctor and get medical treatment, get some physical therapy done. Guy's insurance should cover it, not just your car.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

mitmaks wrote:I'd go to doctor and get medical treatment, get some physical therapy done. Guy's insurance should cover it, not just your car.
x2,

I am still suffering from my accident in July. Thankfully I set my ego aside and went in immediately to be fully checked out. I've had symptoms come and go that I would have assumed gone by now, a single deductible beats many through health insurance...

Get yourself and your car the same care. Fix it immediately, or they will try to short you. Maybe write the car off and buy it back cheap, then put the money you get back into it ;D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

Car is a total loss, frame rails are bent, hatch area is bowed out at the sides, rear bumper supports are bent inwards, hatch is done. I went down to sgi today where they inspected the car and dude said no way no how its gonna be road worthy for a resonable price. Car is folded every so slightly forward of the rear hatch. I went to the doc today and he said I have classic whiplash symptoms, tightness across the chest, stiff neck etc. Been taking robaxacet paltinum to take care of it and its working good either way I am taking care of things on my end not just the car lol. He figures dude was doing about 50 km/hr when he nailed me based on the damage.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Damn that's awful. Best of health to you and I hope you get good compensation for you and the car.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

yeah I wish they had cut me a cheque already missed out an a klze swapped mx6 complete with headers and exhaust. Problem I run into here is what they want for a decent mx3 lol, overpriced is the name of the game for used cars here unless you are on top of it all the time, not sure if I am going to get a 2nd mx3 although it would be nice, no matter what other cars I look at I still want a mx3. The only other car I like the look of as much as the mx3 is the 95+ eclipse/talon albeit turbo one, but they are mega overpriced as well.

Return to “Off-Topic”