Mazdaspeed MX3

Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3 Discussions
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Mazdaspeed MX3

Post by kulluminati777 »

What is the mazdaspeed mx3 is it a eunos presso an autozam az-3 or a mazda mx-3 i mean officially.... and back in the day where they just sitting on lots or where they only a special order and last but not least does anyone ever see them cruising the streets of japan in mint condition or has there been anyone to import them to there country???
Last edited by kulluminati777 on July 29th, 2011, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: MAZDASPEED MX3

Post by Mooneggs »

According to the Mazdaspeed catalogs I have the titles are listed as: Presso/AZ-3 A-Spec Touring Kit

They don't mention anything about the mx-3. It was not a factory model but rather add on parts to the presso/az-3. I've seen pics of meets in japan where everybody either had the MS kit or the full JDM front and sides... looks pretty cool when you see those combos on all of the cars lol

A true MS presso/az-3 that was fitted at the factory vs. DIY will have a special "tuned by" Mazdaspeed badge.

All 4 catalogs (MS 95/96, MS 96/97, MS 97/98, MS 95) list combinations of the parts below. Here's the complete list of MS parts for the Presso/AZ-3:

A-Spec Parts:
Stickers/Badges:
Front hood emblem
Rear "Tuned by MAZDASPEED" badge
B-Pillar "Tune by MAZDASPEED Sports Factory" badge
MS sticker on sides of rear spoiler
A-Spec sticker front bottom corner of doors
MS sticker above muffler

Aero:
Front Bumper
Rear Wing
Side Skirts

Interior:
Steering Wheel
CF Look Gauge Overlay
CF look Shift Knob
MS Seats

Muffler:
MS (the one in this auction) There were 2 different versions one for the 1.8l (v6) and one for the 1.5l (4 cyl)

Rims:
15 x 6.5 + 35 MS01

Functional Parts:
4 way adjustable struts
Front strut bar
front/rear sway bars
motor mounts and control arm bushings
trailing arm bushings
brake pads
SS brake lines
upgraded clutch
air filter

B-Spec Parts:
Springs:
MS Eibach 30mm drop

Other General Parts:
Steering Wheels
Seats
Colored Horn Buttons
Weighted Shift Knob
Shift Knobs
E-Brake handle knobs
Oil Caps
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

thanks alot man that was exactly what i was looking for but yeah oh man that sounds like an awsome list of goodies im shocked the mx3 wasnt more of a sports coupe like maybe a little bit more horse power like i always telling my wife is mazda loves to underpower there vehicles i mean the mx3 should of had a klze from the jump, the mx6 should of had a more powerfull v6 or maybe one that was turbo at 280/290 horses from the factory i mean i get asked all the time hey how many horses does that thing have (on both my 6 and my 3) and when i tell them there like "really?! it looks like it has alot more." yeah or maybe mazdaspeed should have supped up the engine a tad but i do like the goodies they did give but the first mazdaspeed vehicle was a protege!?!? i mean come on thats a family car and then the next one was a miata omg i dont knock these cars they are great cars its just the mx3 and mx6 didnt get the love they deserved from mazda and thats why they didnt sell as much as they should have and the rx7 should of had a bigger turbo from factory as well because there not the money there worth at there current state its just people know they can get alot more power out of the them if they tune them a bit
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

They couldn't use the ze in the mx-3 from the factory or else it would have made their current sport car at the time, the rx-7, look bad :freak:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol yeah i know but in a perfect world the mx3 would have the ze the mx6 would have either a more power v6 or a turbo de and the rx7 would have the 3 rotor that comes in the eunos cosmo lol just something for you to dream about for a week or 2 lmfao oh and one more thing for any mazdaspeed gurus out there. is there a place where i can see pics of all this highspeed stuff mooneggs is talkin about
Kuro88

Post by Kuro88 »

An MX-3 would never compete to a RX7, no matter if ZE or not. no way there. exept the first gen and mby the second gen N/A. but even these are pretty fast.

not to mention the cornering abilitys.

but well, this list helps me, i almost got everything. need the side skirts and some stickers lol
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

A mazdaspeed mx-3 and mx-6 would have been sick. These cars are awesome i just picked up another one ( its a stick...FINALLY) lol and i get compliments all the time just because nobody ever see's them.
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah it would have been awesome so does anyone have picks of the wing from different angles i want to see what it would look like cause u know stuff looks attractive from different angles lol

Return to “Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3”