check engine light will not come on aslo fuel pump HELP!!!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
gxser
antispam: No

check engine light will not come on aslo fuel pump HELP!!!!!

Post by gxser »

:evil:
gxser

Re: check engine light will not come on aslo fuel pump HELP!

Post by gxser »

check engine light will not come on when key is on and aslo cant here fuel pump prime itself !! ecm, ecu,relay i have no idea would like some input on this thanks
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

there is a recent topic on the fuel pump, try searching for it.

some sort of info/ back ground would be a good idea next time.
gxser

Post by gxser »

well i just swap the motor its a 95 and now has a 93 and so today i came to a stop and my car just died on me !! looked for any loose wire ,fuses did not find anything but notice'' check engine'' was not coming on when key was on and could not here my fuel pump !! no $#@%ing idea whats going on HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

what engine? I'm guessing v6?

Is you batt totally dead? We need more info. What did you check etc.
gxser

Post by gxser »

well i figured buy putting this question on 4cyl tech issue and year of car that it would be a 4cyl 1.6 dohc ! So ya i dont know what to look for i did the paper clip thing to pull out the codes but engine light has not come on to find out!! Actualy what i did is look for any loose or broken wires could not do more it was getting dark. And stuck along the side of the highway hopefully i can get an answer or i will just go threw all wires with a test light
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Stupid question but is your battery any good?

If so Ild check cables then possibly your ignition switch would be my logical thought process since no lights come on when your hitting it, either way trying to solve something when your irked never helps. Stop breath and look at it again youll figure it out :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Your fuel pump does not prime unless the key's in the crank position.

You're also not giving a very good description of your problem. Does the car crank? Did you use a new timing belt when you swapped the engine? Is the engine cranking faster than it normally would?
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

gxser wrote:well i figured buy putting this question on 4cyl tech issue and year of car that it would be a 4cyl 1.6 dohc !
aww sweet an explanation point!
the question was because the 93 is a SOHC and the 94+ A DOHC requiring different wire harnesses and ecus.
gxser wrote:well i just swap the motor its a 95 and now has a 93
which would make your statement true to the V6 world and not the 4cyl. Unless you wanted less power and major wiring issues.

Have you checked your batt yet?

And cool the attitude, it will be little help here.
gxser

Post by gxser »

key is turned to on position all other lights go on !! when i did swap my engine i did change top to bottom and timing belt aswell . batterie is brand new.. car turns over like usual no fire to the spark plugs hum dont know how to explain this better might just go get every freeking relay thers posible for this car sorry for attitude i would rather have answers thanks for support guyes
gxser

Post by gxser »

funny because the car the engine came from it was 5 month of 93!! but point is the car was running fine 3 days after swap it shits the bed on me!!! grrrr and again today after work looked around cant get to this electrical issue i did the whole swap myself and made shur all was done correct i wonder if my sound system has something to do with this? lol i dont know guyes this sucks if you ask me!!!
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

is your sound system on a switched wire to the head unit? (Wire that keeps the amps off when the stereo is not on)

Also just to clarify for me, your original motor was a 1.6 DOHC, and you swapped over a 1.6 DOHC. Is that right?

If so, then you shouldn't have any problems wiring-wise unless you have a bad wire/connector or something.

so your issue from what your saying is that it cranks, but no spark... did you replace spark plugs and wires? How is the distributor/cap?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”