SpatialTerrors 93 gs (retiered)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

SpatialTerrors 93 gs (retiered)

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so i bought this car about 2 years ago. after i thought i had sold my first mx3. i got it in pretty rough shape. interior was pretty bad but the unibody is straight and it had a k8 with a bad knock. ignition was all busted up and hanging and the steeringwheel lock was broken. but it ran good enough to get home and around for quite a while. it came with a magnaflow exhaust on it and a light weight crank pulley and short ram air intake.
here are the pics from when i got it.
the guy had floor stripping screwed on as a makeshift body kit. it was gayyyy. and he drilled like 40 holes in the car
it was in bad shape but i got it for $900.
now after alot of improvements and some part swapping after i got my first mx3 back, its got a fairly nice interior. and some handy work to clean up the hanging ignition. it now starts on switches.
heres a pic of the hole that the k8 had in the side of the block after i blew it.
and now heres what it looks like with some body work done and new head and tail lights.
its lookin pretty good.
i swapped it with a klze. then i also traded some nice rims i had for some not so good rim plus cash(for the kl). the tires on the rims were brand new but over sized. burnt all the tread off those quickly drag racing my car. heres some pics of it before the new lower profile tires. there from my first time drag racing. and we ran 2 people in the car pulling 15.4 with like .4 reaction times.
after some body work. im not finished. but the passenger side is alot better than it was.
the guy i bought it from said he hit a guard rail when the steeringwheel lock locked while driving.
now heres some pics with the new low pros.
now i just think this pic is cool.
its my gs. my 4 banger after i got it back. and my brothers rocket sitting in my driveway
i take some pics of the inside tomorrow. but i got some racing seats. only one of them is in right now though. and the brand new sound system.
its come a long way in a year of work.
and my official best quarter mile time was a 14.7 with a .122 reaction
that was with everthing out of the car.
Last edited by SpatialTerror on July 21st, 2011, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: SpatialTerrors 93 gs

Post by Daninski »

Sounds like it's time to drop the car with new shocks and springs. Take a few interior shots and if possible get a better camera.
You never mentioned what clutch your using. Cheers
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha yes thats exactly what time it is. but i have no more money for this car for a little while
as i am in the works with building my bp monster.
im using a stage 2 ceramic clutch for the k8 on the kl. it slips a little into 3rd and 4th. but its holdin up pretty good.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

MORE PICS!!!!

new subs
amp
its bridged
mids and highs alpine type s
the deck my starter switch is under it
the rest of the pics.
my main power switch vac gauge bass knob and halo switch in the background
SpatialTerror
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

omg that fabric is crazy. cars coming along nicely, keep up the good work.
SpatialTerror

Re: SpatialTerrors 93 gs (tons of pics)1/4MILE VIDS UP

Post by SpatialTerror »

heres the quarter mile vids i believe this is when my brother was driving my car. he didnt do too bad. but alot slower with 2 people in the car.
the honda crx is my buddy tyson hes on our race team.
all vids are in 1080p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGYksjVjDE
and this vid is me at the event where u just pick who you want to race and race them. i pulled 2 14.7 runs that day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-k_zZs0QJM
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

SpatialTerror
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

spatial its a nice car that has come along the way. but my suggestion is wire management. the wires exposed in the interior are easily able to be hidden in the vehicle.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

thanks. yea i am gonna go though it clean it up. ive just been busy with school and about 14 hours away from my car.
but before school i had been putting money into it. and using it as a daily driver. so i just didnt have a whole lot of time to clean it up.
but after i get outa wyotech. im gonna do a custom fiberglass dash.and a complete new interior.
its gonna be nice.
might take me a while cuz im working on a bp race motor for my other car right now.
my goal for it is to get it running and tuned.
then its just gonna sit until i get this car done.
the mx3 world has been the best experiance i could have ever gotten from any car.
and i will do the mx3 and all of us mx3 guys proud.
SpatialTerror
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

What's with the starter switch?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

dunno guy i bought it from broke the steering wheel lock and had the turn switch off the lock assembly just hanging so i cleaned it up. i dont really care i like it. its cool having it on switches. pretty soon im gonna shave the door handles and locks and have it on poppers. same for the trunk. and getting plexy glass bullet proof windows installed. cuz theres alot of money in my car. and what a better way to be safe right?
and the one under the steering wheel is for the halos.
SpatialTerror

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”