WTB: K8 for MX3 (in good shape)

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
93Colttsi
antispam: No

WTB: K8 for MX3 (in good shape)

Post by 93Colttsi »

Looking for a good shape motor that doesn't smoke and has good compression.

Will pay around $200 for a good shape one.

I live in the lower mainland in Chilliwack.

I dont come on here often so best bet is to phone me'

My name is Brett and my # is 604 613 8336.

Thanks!
umcamara
Supporting Member

Re: WTB: K8 for MX3 (in good shape)

Post by umcamara »

I have one in Winnipeg with 130,000 km's on it. I may have a method of getting it out there too... It's from a '95 GS, with an automatic transmission. PM me if interested.

Curtis
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

crap, yeah if it wasn;t so far away and i didn't have to wait for it to show up i would be all over that. I went to pickapart today and exhanged the engine... they had another k8 from a 5-speed car but it also was showing crappy on a turn over by hand compression test. some of the cylinders were showing no psi at all.. and others were shooting up to 60 psi by just cranking over by hand.. Water got into the combustion chambers and rusted the rings and valves up... engine looked good besides that.

I could probably do a cheap rebuild i guess... but i dont feel like investing the time or money on a gasket set/rings/bearings to do that.

I can get ahold of some KLDE's out of mx-6's but i hear that my K8 auto tranny wont hold up very good to that engine...... the k8 auto has a hard enough time trying to hold the power from the k8 engine!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Brett you are in Chilliwack right.. Keep checking pick a part even though you have been there before, they are always getting new mx's there. If that don't work.. you can always do a 5 speed swap.. even though it is abot of work.

The k8 tranny wont hold up to a DE, but if you do the 5 speed swap.. You can get a DE from a 626, mx6 or a probe gt..
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

I just sold mine for 50 to my buddy....sorry
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

yeah i live in chilliwack...

I already sold the car to a daughter of a friend of my father in law...i told her id have it ready by this weekend!

Thats why im sorta in a jam and need to get the car running/driving good asap otherwise ill loose the sale.
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

oh and pickapart has one other k8 but someone took the valve covers and its been sitting in the rain rusting all the valvetrain components. so that engine is a no go either.

Ill keep checking at pickapart tho everyday and see if they get a new k8 car in.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

93Colttsi wrote:oh and pickapart has one other k8 but someone took the valve covers and its been sitting in the rain rusting all the valvetrain components. so that engine is a no go either.

Ill keep checking at pickapart tho everyday and see if they get a new k8 car in.
Well, you may lose the sale, but it will give you more time.. Its not your fault you couldnt find a motor in time. Maybe take the time and get a decent motor and then sell after.
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

yeah well "have" a engine.... but it turned out to be no good. same thing happend... ppl took the spark plugs out and water got into the combustion chambers and rusted the valves and rings out.

im almost wondering if i dump a bunch or oil down there and turn the engine over a bunch of it will help.... but i also dont want to install the engine and then find out its crap and wont run good.

I think the engine is crap tho as there was HUGE globs of oil sludge buildup inside the valve covers. Looked like no one had ever changed the oil ever!

I still have the original K8 i pulled from the car... seems to get good compression numbers but it blows blue smoke that smells like gas, or running rich. The plugs were all really old and the gaps were huge so i put new plugs in it and it helped a ton... but it still blew blue smoke that smelled like gas a bit when it warmed up.

Im thinking it might have just had bad clogged/sticky injectors maybe?

Maybe i can resurect it and get it going again.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

theres a few used parts places in surrey and mitchell island. you could try there but they may be expensive... ralphs on mitchell island has like 10+ mx3's but i dont know about the quality.
EggyRollz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by EggyRollz »

I have a K8 i'm pulling out of my purple car. It has 'supposedly' 107,xxx miles. Speedometer/odometer seemed to work fine when I drove it =P

However I live in Utah lol.
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

probably worth checking this out http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/c ... 47399.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; could easily make your money back parting out what you dont need.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

If I manage to get a ZE in my car this summer, I'd sell you a 157,000 Mile K8 that runs pretty well.

It hasn't ever smoked or given me any problems, the only thing I can think of that is bad would be the lifters tick, and I have no experience working on that, so IDK how that would affect value.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

thanks for the replies and PM's... ended up justr throwing the old tires K8 back in there... its still going strong!
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

It is normal for the lifters to tick tick tick tick tick till its warmed up on the k8's?

common problem?

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”