need help!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
focort klde_beast
antispam: No

need help!

Post by focort klde_beast »

hey need help i keep looking and looking for sites that sell parts to supe up my klde and i have yet to find some. im jus wanting to rebuild the whole motor and make it high compression and run all motor no turbo but stuck anyone know any good sites?? thanks
focort klde_beast

Re: need help!

ment k8de not klde
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

Since you already have the k8, the best thing that you could do is swap in a klde or if you have a bit more money the klze. Theres way more aftermarket support for the kl engine, check the worklogs to get ideas of parts and whatnot.
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

There is no such thing as 'souping up' a K8. It was never meant to be a performance motor, and no one makes performance parts for it. Not real parts, anyway.

Your first step is swapping in a 2.5 KLDE block, and build that. No point in buying a ZE if you're going to replace the cams/pistons, since thats pretty much all that makes them special (and some argue the heads flow better)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
focort klde_beast

damn lol i jus wanted to basically rebuild it top to bottom and port and polish all the goodies i can really. but i dont care how much power i get out of it honestly jus enough to be sweet. i have found some stuff for it but i didnt wanna go with the kl. jus mainly to be different
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

If by sweet you mean "soup up" to an additional 5-10hp, then yes, that would be do-able...

It's subjective; my brother in law thinks his 5hp go kart is sweet, whereas my father-in-law thinks that a V8 motorcycle with a 150 shot is sweet....

It all depends on what you want in the long run.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Ryan wrote:There is no such thing as 'souping up' a K8. It was never meant to be a performance motor, and no one makes performance parts for it. Not real parts, anyway.

Whoa...! That's a little extreme... :shock:

Actually, the K8 is more powerful (relative to its displacement), than the KL-DE.
True, there's very little aftermarket stuff for it, but that hardly means there's nothing you can do to it. There's actually a whole lot you can do, and I'm willing to bet, if you take your time with it, you could get into KL-DE territory, or even a little higher.

The only difference is that, instead of bolting stuff on it, you need to work on it, and you need to know what you're doing.
However, I agree: if you don't want to spend the time, or if you're looking for the best bang for the buck, a DE is definitely the best investment.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote: I'm willing to bet, if you take your time with it, you could get into KL-DE territory, or even a little higher.
Not without spending 2x-5x the price of a KLDE worth of work into a K8,
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Inodoro Pereyra wrote: I'm willing to bet, if you take your time with it, you could get into KL-DE territory, or even a little higher.
Not without spending 2x-5x the price of a KLDE worth of work into a K8,
Of work, yes. But hardly any money, for other than machine work.
And there are freaks out there (like me, for example) who actually enjoy spending hour after hour, buried in grease up to their eyeballs, working on an engine. :mrgreen:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
mxmikey

Post by mxmikey »

If you want to make it different and spend lots of time try to make itbs.
http://www.themazdaforum.com/showthread ... -a-Protege" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the link just shows a picture of a potential design for klze itbs
93 GS/SE
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

mxmikey wrote:If you want to make it different and spend lots of time try to make itbs.
http://www.themazdaforum.com/showthread ... -a-Protege" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the link just shows a picture of a potential design for klze itbs
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is it for real... when i get rich n famous I will have one turbo 6 and one with this setup!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mxmikey

Post by mxmikey »

I read a few topics this summer of people swapping the k8ze in if that would interest you.
93 GS/SE
Dentfixer

Post by Dentfixer »

Mate forget all the negs, you can do a fair bit to the K8, gsxr1000 throttles bodies with taller trumpets, cams, bore it. Over here in Aus we are a bit limited access wise to the larger motor and parts ect, so we make do with what we have. Find yourself a spare K8 from a wrecking yard and have a play around with it. Just because other people can't be bothered doesn't mean you shouldn't have a go :wink: forget the cash side of it, just chip away at it slowly get the bits you want each week and then whack it all together and 'Bobs ya uncle'
:D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey I heard of a motor call a KLZE, suppose to have a few more balls then the K8 and you simply install it and enjoy the HP gains. Someone called Mazda made it but then again what the hell do they know. :shrug:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Dan, there you go talkin out your rear again.... geesh. Those ZE's are only fabled creatures
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”