Anyone running Nitrous anymore?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Anyone running Nitrous anymore?

Post by Mooneggs »

wickedmx3 wrote:lol...yeah tons...just like the rest of you guys, I am in love with my car
yeah we can tell - your car is sick! turbo + nitrous? you been to the dyno?
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

It was on the dyno once, just to check out the motor once they did the swap. Hit 184WHP, 9lbs of Boost (stock), that is with pretty much everything stock. I am only now going to change a few things, I am having the ignition upgraded, change the cam gears and probably adding a SAFC (will switch to stand alone in future) Will probaly make a few other changes, but they are mostly cosmetic.

Go to images section, I will post all the pics in one thread.
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

i had a question aobut this...a friend has a wet kit he will sell me for 50bucks..no bottle..but its for a civic.. i was thinkin i would run jsut a dry kit..but then i wouldnt but this off him...dry jsut seems easier and if i put the nossle b4 the MAF then it will add correct fuel anyways ? ( so i have read ) ...jsut wondering peoples inputs...on weather i should buy the wet kit..( its 100 shot ) but 4 nossles so is it 25 per tap ?( it was on a 4cyl direct injection..)
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

If im not mistaken, wet kit is what you want. Wet has jets for your fuel and nitrous. Put that going to your intake. I believe you dont have to have it before the maf.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

i no the wet kit is infront of t/b..but apparently the dry kit can be installed b4 the MAF so that it notices the extra air and adds the fuel..
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

someone has to have a timeslip for a K8 on the juice..... im really curious...

so please post; time and size of shot, thanks guys....

im really thinking ill be getting a kit mid summer once i get my driving skills re adjusted to having a ZE :)
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

I was wondering, has anyone had a backfire with their nitrous system? If so, how bad was it? Kind of concidering it.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Does having a nitrous system even increase the likely-hood of having a backfire? Nitrous isn't flammable. Its an oxidizer. It just gives your fuel more oxygen to burn with.

I'm interested in this answer myself, I'm considering going with a 100hp wet shot on my ZE this summer.

David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

From my understanding it does, i was just wondering if it just messes up your MAF or the whole intake manifold.
shrooms258
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by shrooms258 »

LOL! i have wires just like that on my b6d. where did you get you heat shield?... i want one. mines rusted
93Colttsi
antispam: No

Post by 93Colttsi »

nitrious is dangerous. I think a good setup turbo setup is a much better option. Save your pennies.

Return to “Forced Induction”