Question about MAF sensor with intercooler piping..

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
DiaMagus
antispam: No

Question about MAF sensor with intercooler piping..

Post by DiaMagus »

So I need the maf sensor in line with the intercooler piping correct? Unless i'm running megasquirt? Thanks
Kuro Di Genius
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Question about MAF sensor with intercooler piping..

Post by Kuro Di Genius »

nah... every turbo car that i've seen running a MAF sensor had it placed before the turbocharger inlet, between the air filter and the turbocharger, so it reads the air being sucked into the turbo. The B6T is definately like that. but NOT in the intercooler piping reading boosted air. (If you were running a MAP you wouldn't have to give a shyt lol)
DiGenius (Engine swapped 1993 mx3, rebuilt 94 BP (arp headstuds, metal headgasket, bpt oil pump), stage 3 F1Racing clutch good for 250whp. 125hp-118tq @ flywheel)
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

ive had it just before my trottle body! until i got ms!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazpr
antispam: No

Post by mazpr »

I have it between the intercooler and throttle body.

To me I prefer the computer to boosted air because in reality that gives it a more accurate reading. It has been this way more than a year running at 15 psi until the oil pump blew up.

IMO, it makes more sense for the ECU to adjust fuel, timing reading boosted air compared to the other way around where adjustments are happening as if the car is N/A, but in reality is getting boost in the engine.

Return to “Forced Induction”