ecu swap,idle probz

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

ecu swap,idle probz

Post by eunosklde »

Hey pps just swapped over my k8 ecu for a KL31 ecu in my mx3 KL 2.5 long neck.everything runs great.Just a little prob,the car idles at say 600 rpm no probs.But soon as i turn the heater on or the headlights the idel goes up to 1100rpm.With the headlights on the revs drop after say 15secs back to 600 rpm.but when i have the heater on the revs stay at 1100rpm.I understand if the aircon's on the revs would go up,but not with that heater.Thanx for any help you guys give us..
qcook

Re: ecu swap,idle probz

Post by qcook »

When you swapped from your K8 to the KL31, did you notice drivablity issues that you used to have, were now gone? Did it fix a richness, intermitent stall, and high idle issues?
And regarding your problem, i am cluesless sorry.
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: ecu swap,idle probz

Post by eunosklde »

yeh man,Since i swapped the k8 to the kl31,the idle is much better.When i used to start the car with the K8 ecu it would rev to 1800 rpm and take a about 3 mins for the revs to drop down to 800rpm.As for the richness KL31 ecu is bettar on economy not as much as i thought it would be but better.The other thing i noticed is that the car isn't as noisey with the KL31,used to be real dronie with K8.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”