Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple..I mean Black.. Beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
wytbishop

Re: Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple Beast

Post by wytbishop »

So today I primed and painted my 5 spokes. I blasted them in a standard glass bead booth last week as you see above. Then today, I wiped them down with Dupli-color wax and varnish remover and let them dry.

I then gave the insides 2 coats of primer. I did not paint the mounting surface but I did try to get some coverage on the back of the spokes to prevent corrosion.

I let that dry for about 20 minutes and then hit it with a couple of coats of Dark Grey Metallic. Ine of these small cans was able to cover all four wheels on the inside with 2 coats giving pretty good coverage. I left them to dry for a while and then flipped them over and began priming the fronts (no picture...meh...it's primer).

I let that dry for about 20 minutes and started spraying color on the fronts. Again 2 coats. I'm not totally happy with the coverage on the front thought. It looks pretty good int he pictures but up close there is some patchiness.

Here's a mock up of what it looks like with the raspberry...I know...not a great indication. But I really like the color. I will have them mounted soon. I'm waiting to put my winter tires on for a little while yet.

94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Good color choice, cant wait to see em mounted on the car
diezzel
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by diezzel »

Did you need some winter tires?I still have a set.For you ,next to free.Give me a call at 780-270-3504.Talk to you soon. :idea:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I sent you a text Anthony.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Sorry I did not have my phone.I will get them out of storage on monday.Do me one favour.I need a step by step HEI install.Then the tires are yours.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I actually have an HEI subharness that I built a couple of years ago which you can have. Plug and play my friend.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

looks good, I have to do this to my rims sometime in the future as well, they are pretty grubby.
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

I will grab all four on monday and put them at home.Give me a call.Talk to you soon.
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Sent you a PM.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Minor update...

got the 94' 5 spokes finished and installed.

I had taken a really nice picture with my iPhone, but it was too dark and the picture turned out all grainy.

Last weekend I was in Calgary visiting family and went to their pick n pull and found a decent shape driver's door so I grabbed it. Fit nicely in the 3...

Lots of things coming up in the near future. I will be trying to paint that door and the rear bumper I have had waiting for a couple of years now before it snows. I am also going to start stripping the rusted parts of the rear fenders to see just how bad they are. I may wait to do the repair till spring and just prime the spots for now. I ordered and finally received a new Magnaflow Pre-Silencer and Cat and will hopefully be installing them as well before winter to see if I can quiett his thing down a bit.

I also now have a pair of 323F BA front steering knuckles in my posession thanks to Marcdh. I will be taking them by the shop this week to remove the old bearing races and blast them so I can get them home and do some modelling. I plan to install them with the Subaru two piston calipers on stock rotors for now, but in the future when I get some larger wheels I will be going up to a larger rotor and Wilwood 4 piston calipers. These will also be the basis of my plan to make the Subaru two piston mod available to everyone.

Lots to do...not enough time in the day.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Progress is being made in the front brakes upgrade dept. I have blasted the 323F spindles and I'm finished modeling them so I'm free to install them when I get time. Today I got my hands on a pair of used Subaru Legacy 2 piston calipers for $45 each...score. I'm trying to get a hold of a used pair of MX-3 hubs so I don't have to take my stock ones apart. As soon as I can get a pair of those I should have the whole thing together and in the car in a couple of days.

I will post pictures of the whole process once it's done.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Subaru two piston calipers....check!
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I'd like to see more pics of the gunmetal rims on the car...

too bad the weights are on the outside... but maybe you could paint them gunmetal as well? :?
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Mooneggs wrote:I'd like to see more pics of the gunmetal rims on the car...

too bad the weights are on the outside... but maybe you could paint them gunmetal as well? :?
yeah i figured wyt would have told them to use the other inside sticky weights
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I was really disappointed and suprised when I saw that too. There's lots of room on the inside of those rims for stick on weights. I will touch them up with the grey paint when I get a chance.

I'm planning on washing the car and taking a few better quality pics this weekend.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”