Steering turning always to right...

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Steering turning always to right...

Post by DeadMaker »

Ok here is the story..
Before a few months i changed the struts with kyb and h&r.I went to alignment center and everything was ok.NO right turning
After three months i changed the h&r springs with mazda oem springs by myself.I left the car without an alignment for about one or two months.In the change process i put the coil spring seat in wrong position.The result was a knocking sound from the strut bearing when i was turning the wheel..After two or three weeks i fixed the coil spring seat position and everything was ok.(in that time there was a right steering but not too much..)Final i got to the alignment center and after doing what he did,(he didn't fix the problem,the steering was there) he told me that the steering issue was from the tyres cause their had been with no alignment for a long time with big converge
But the tyres seems fine AND they are pretty new.(9 months).I tried in a second alignment store but nothing..
Any ideas????

AAA i forgot to tell you.When a second person sit to the passenger site the right steering turning is getting more!!
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Steering turning always to right...

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

What can I tell you, it sounds like the alignment is still off.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

But the weird is that is turning more right with second person in the passenger site..!
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

How heavy is your passenger???

The extra weight could cause your car to tip to that side more, thus amplifying your problem (poor alignment). Sounds like the front camber is out...

How long did you drive the car before having the second alignment done? If it was quite a while, you could have worn the tires abnormally, which could be causing your issue. Again, you must have driven your car for quite a long time before having the second alignment done.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Rotate your tires, but instead of doing it properly (front to back and back to front on the SAME side), cross them left to right. That is, switch the front left with the rear right, and the front right with the rear left, and drive the car. If the car starts steering left, replace the tires. If the car drives true, you're good. If the car keeps on steering right, go tell the alignment shop guy he should get a job at Mc Donalds... :roll:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Ok.It is not tyre issue..It seem's that the last alignment was not good enough..I did a new alignment and now the car is not turning right.At least not as the last time..It seems that the right tie rod has a problem.It makes a knocking sound when turning the wheel right when the car is stopped.You can feel the vibration in your foot when you seat in the passenger side.I ordered new tie rods.Let's see...
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

You can feel if tie rods are out.

The outers are easy. Reach behind the wheel and yank up and down on it. It shouldn't move at ALL.

Inners are a bit harder. Grab closer to the inside, and yank up and down again, still, should be NO movement. But often, they will wear out with end movement, not vertical. Remove the outer tie rod, and push in and out on the inner joint, it shouldn't make any noise or move freely AT ALL. If you're lazy, you can leave the outer on, just yank on the spindle to make the same out/in movement on the inner joint.

Check your ball joints too. Grab the top and bottom of the tire and yank it back and forth. Still, should be NO movement.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Thanks Dude..
I took the car to an alignment center and he told me that the ball from the inner tie rod has the problem.It's not so serious(it doesn't move but it makes a knocking sound when steering the wheel) but i will change it..The outer seems to be ok for now.
I ordered these.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-INNER-TIE-ROD-E ... 4a99a46274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Gotta get that fixed Dude or you'll be a no go for NASCAR. :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Daninski wrote:Gotta get that fixed Dude or you'll be a no go for NASCAR. :P
LOL :lol:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”