93 V6 MX3 automatic tranny acting wierd

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
spidlemx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

93 V6 MX3 automatic tranny acting wierd

Post by spidlemx3 »

ok so, first of all it was fine for awhile, then it started acting strange when id take off it was like wouldnt kick in an shake felt like tranny was try to catch, then itd act normal
then i put tranny fluid in it an it was fine at first, then i lost reverse some time, then sometimes it would try to go forword then back, then when it would be in nuteral it would go forward, then id put in park an it would go forward a bit an try to go forword , i dunno its acting wierd, thinkin about purchusing a 1994 v6 one thats 5 speed, but could this be something simple? that i could get fixed.? i dont take my car to shops, all my work is done at home so if theres a way, ill make sure it gets fixed, but i just dont know whats goin on, its acting up like a cranky b----
Newfie_dan

Re: 93 V6 MX3 automatic tranny acting wierd

Post by Newfie_dan »

start with the basics, fluid and filter change, see if it starts in any gear other than P or N, and see what kind of junk is sitting in the oil pan when you change the fluid/filter.

Return to “Transmissions”