Previous owner needs to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
kykartracer
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Previous owner needs to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kykartracer »

I just bought a 93 MX3 1.8. It had all kinds of crap wired on it; fog lamps, neon lights inside and out, amps, strobe lights etc. etc. After removing all the wiring, I find I have no tail lights. Check the fuse and find a 10a (melted) where the 15a should be. Then after a little digging I find two melted wires comming from the rear of the fuse box. Ive looked at the manuals here on the site and can't find what Im lookin for. I plan on going to the junk yard and getting the plug I need tomorow. It's the very top white connector on the back side of the fuse box. Can/does anyone have a wiring diag. for the interior fuse box for my car? Any help would be greatly appericated!!!
Thanks
kartracer

Forgot to mention that the previous owner who we will call a-- Hat, has never heard of a soldering iron or a solderless connector, but must own stock in an electrical tape company. Id like to go back and punch this guy in his sack!! Sorry, just need to vent.
Newfie_dan

Re: Previous owner needs to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Newfie_dan »

lol we have all been there at one point or another being pissed at previous owners for dumb crap they do. I do not know if there is a complete fuse panel wiring diagram on here my advice would be to just look at a good j/y one and make your own notes on it or pics to help along the way, sorry to hear about they problems man, by the way if you need to add fuses for accessories use a busman bp/hha for the circuit, they are safe and work awesome.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Previous owner needs to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MrMazda92 »

kykartracer wrote: Forgot to mention that the previous owner who we will call a-- Hat, has never heard of a soldering iron or a solderless connector, but must own stock in an electrical tape company. Id like to go back and punch this guy in his sack!! Sorry, just need to vent.
Lol'd.

Sorry about the situation, I'm going through a similar one with my dad's Suburban which my girlfriend is driving until we fix her car.

The thing is, my dad is the one who did the damage... he "rewired" everything under the steering column, and nothing is labeled in any logical/conceivably logical manner. This coupled with potential fuel pump failure is causing a little stress to say the least.

Good luck, and I hope it works out well.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”