SRD Performance - Nylatron Control Arm Bushings Don't Fit?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
millaj01

SRD Performance - Nylatron Control Arm Bushings Don't Fit?

Post by millaj01 »

Hey All,

I had gone and bought the SRD Performance nylatron control arm bushings way back when (about 5 years ago), but never got around to installing them. Finally admitting I wasn't going to have to time (or patience) to get to them, I decided to have my local shop put them in for me.

Unfortunately, the shop told me the bushings didn't fit the control arms. Apparently they were too small in diameter to fit?? So I ended up going with OEM bushings....but I still don't understand how these custom-machined parts wouldn't be the correct ones. I measured the insert diameter of the bushings and they're about 1.5"

Anyone have any idea as to why I'd be outta luck with these? Did I simply get bad parts....or are there variations in these control arms that would explain these bushings not fitting...or was my shop lying to me or making some mistake?

Thanks for any info or insight into this.
'93 MX-3 GS Image
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: SRD Performance - Nylatron Control Arm Bushings Don't Fi

Post by Sleeper6 »

check the search feature but Im pretty sure you have to get a protege control arm rear mount for them to work if memory serves me.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm pretty sure the bushing should have fit the 93 control arms. I'm wondering if they pushed out the metal sleeve by accident on the rear separate portion. I have the SRD instructions at home and check when I get back into town next week.
millaj01

Post by millaj01 »

Huh......well, they're a pretty experienced shop so I'd hope they wouldn't make a simple mistake like that. (shrug) Thanks in advance for checking.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if these these will be worth anything to someone since I obviously can't use them now. Hoping they can find some use, and I can recoup some of my cost.
'93 MX-3 GS Image
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

find out specifically which bushing didn't fit or if it was both.

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... /R-018.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Item #11 in this diagram (the item Mooneggs is referring to) isi available in at least 2 different sizes and probably several more if you look at other chassis', that all bolt on to the MX-3 so if the bracket from another chassis is required you need to get a pair of those. Should be easy enough at any junk yard. I've never seen the installation instruction for the SRD bushings, but I designed my bushings to fit with the sleeves removed. If the SRD guys intended them to be left in you'll have to get another set of arms and remove the bushings but leave the sleeves in. Easy enough I would think.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”