Looking for an Intake for a 96 GS

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
JDMChris
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Looking for an Intake for a 96 GS

Post by JDMChris »

unfortunately because of the mass airflow sensor, you cant mount just any intake.. does anyone know of any that fit right in? If so, link it up!
Thanks
Evo_Spec

Re: Looking for an Intake for a 96 GS

Post by Evo_Spec »

dude, search your crap, i'll even give you a link to the search

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
korpit
antispam: No

Post by korpit »

I have an intake off of a 96 GS if you are looking for one
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=68881" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JDMChris

Post by JDMChris »

Evo_Spec wrote:dude, search your crap, i'll even give you a link to the search

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

make your comments useful.. i want TO BUY an intake.. not fabricate a custom one... ive used the search.. came back with nothing so i made this post. If it were a Honda, i would have no problem at all finding one that fits.. but i cant seem to find one for an MX-3.
I seen that post about the custom job.. but i dont want to do that.. i wanted to buy one alll ready to pop in. i dont think thats an option tho..
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

JDMChris wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:dude, search your crap, i'll even give you a link to the search

make your comments useful.. i want TO BUY an intake.. not fabricate a custom one... ive used the search.. came back with nothing so i made this post. If it were a Honda, i would have no problem at all finding one that fits.. but i cant seem to find one for an MX-3.
you obviously haven't searched hard enough, cause if you did, you'd know that an integra one will fit right on
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

or a probe... ah, but which engine? I would tell ya.. but it seems like you have a bad attitude.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Is this forum's mentality really so hard to grasp?

Or do we share a communal a--hole attitude?

You could try the For Sale section to see if anyone is selling a name brand intake.

Just a heads up, the intake system in the K series engines are engineered. The only decent upgraded intake is one that involves a turbocharger. Unless you're just for looks.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
JDMChris

Post by JDMChris »

lol thanks ryan. Its currently a K8. So yah...

What do you mean engineered??

As it is now, its just a Ractive filter on the stock intake.. lots of wasted space and unnecessary ripples etc. i can imagine that the airflow is wack.

I'm kinda thinking of finding an aftermarket intake and sticking the MassFlowSensor between it and the filter. Just wanted to know if anyone has already done this..
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

be engineered...

The K series motors have a system called VRIS (Variable Resonance Intake System) that uses sets of butterfly valves to change the airflow path using the length, shape, and volume of the stock intake tract paired with the densitiy and RPM of the motor to increase the intake charge. This is all in an effort to maximize the volumetric efficiency of the engine. Changing parts of the intake will change the points that the VRIS solenoids should fire, effectively making them useless, and loosing you power, or making it jumpy/lurchy.

Read it yourself. http://www.mazdamaniac.com/tech/SAE_20920677.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Ryan wrote:be engineered...

The K series motors have a system called VRIS (Variable Resonance Intake System) that uses sets of butterfly valves to change the airflow path using the length, shape, and volume of the stock intake tract paired with the densitiy and RPM of the motor to increase the intake charge. This is all in an effort to maximize the volumetric efficiency of the engine. Changing parts of the intake will change the points that the VRIS solenoids should fire, effectively making them useless, and loosing you power, or making it jumpy/lurchy.

Read it yourself. http://www.mazdamaniac.com/tech/SAE_20920677.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allright so simillarly what happens when we put the KLG4 intake manifold onto a normal 2.5l. Any ideas on how the computer deals with this in any technical format? I actually find this pretty interesting and think it would be benificial if we could figure out what the computer is thinking when we start mixing intake bits.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

It treats it like the manifold it was designed for :roll: There is no 'intake manifold style sensor'.

Thats what Probinator is for.

If you have the resources to check where that manifold's ecm triggers the valves on that manifold, and if they're the same, we're golden.

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-100.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Ryan wrote:It treats it like the manifold it was designed for :roll: There is no 'intake manifold style sensor'.

Thats what Probinator is for.
That much I understand, I was more curious as to how the computer in the 626 w/KLG4 intake evaluates the air flow vs the standard straight or curve neck w/kl31 ecu. More or less trying to understand if a specific ecu combination would work better with a specific manifold outside of a standalone unit or a probinator. As I can get the manifolds/ecus easier than I can afford a standalone unit
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Well then, yeah, I suppose its likely that some manifolds are more alike concerning flow and VRIS than others.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”