93 mazda protege for a donor vehicle

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Rass
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

93 mazda protege for a donor vehicle

Post by Rass »

So while out searching today I found a 93 Mazda Protege (no other badges) 1.8l manual transmission vehicle. It did have the aluminum oil pan with fins and I couldn't find any other identifying marks on it. The guy is asking $500-700 and I was wondering if this would be a good donor vehicle (I believe it is the BP engine) for my 95 MX-3 in Kansas and also I was seeing what you guys think of the price. Any thoughts, opinions,recommendations and feed-back is greatly appreciated
MapaX5
antispam: No

Re: 93 mazda protege for a donor vehicle

Post by MapaX5 »

Although The price might be a lil high, it is very easy to know if it is a BP. If you pop the valve cover off, look at the cams, they should say BP on them. There aren't that many DOHC engines on the mazda line up, so, as long as it says Mazda and its a DOHC engine, you should be ok. You can also buy an exhaust manifold gasket and measure it. The intake manifold gaskets vary, but the BP only fits BP engines.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
Rass
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Rass »

thank you very much, I'll probably keep looking
davidmorgan744
antispam: No

Post by davidmorgan744 »

I think that the features listed of the vehicle 93 mazda, the prize will be decided on its condition and the years used. It is needed to clear first than a perfect quoting of it can be done. But I think it is more than that the boy had figure out.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”