k8 ecu klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

k8 ecu klze

Post by eunosklde »

ive been running my mx3 klze with the kl02 vaf and k8 ecu,seems 2 go hard with this setup,anyone one else think the k8 ecu give more power then the kl31
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: k8 ecu klze

Post by mikeinaus »

heres a good thread to read on the subject of different ecu's and airflow meters... http://ww.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=70291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if your running a plain k8 ecu you would definitely get an improvement from getting a probinator chip.
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Thanx for that mick,ill look in to it stright away.Just one more thing guys i got quoted to put a after market ecu in my mx3 KLZE a haltech PS2000 for around 2950 full harness change the lot.Thu he said that thay would take of the air flow meter vaf to.How would taking of the vaf would change powerband and how much KW i would get rougthly.The thing ive always wondered how the KL moters would run without the vaf, Never seen a klze or klde without vaf attached to the airfilter.Sorry but all the qestions people,Real hard to find good advice on klze mx3sin sydney.took me 30 phone calls just to find a mech willing to do the engine transplant..
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

The VAF does cause restriction in air flow but this is common knowledge. If your running a KL02 VAF you must have a 96+ MX-3 then am I right? It's important you specify what year car your driving. OBD1 or OBD2
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Thats the thing im running the klze with the klo2 vaf on a 92 mx3.Didnt run well with the je50 or kl ecu
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Moving to standalone engine management will not in itself give you a significant increase in power. It will allow you to tune the engine very accurately though and makes future upgrades much more benefitial. If you can afford it and are planning on adding a turbo or any other significant power modifications in the future it would be worth while. Haltech isn't the most common and is a very expensive set up. You could achieve the same benefit with MegaSquirt for a lot less money, but I'm guessing the guy quoting you is a Haltech dealer and wants your money.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Is Megasqoirt is it easy to install,Whats a routh price i would i pay for a megasquirt installaion.thanx for your help..
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You can purchase one fully assembled with all the bells and whistles for around $500USD on Ebay. A reasonably smart person can istall it from the instructions and how to's available around the internet.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”