Big D's MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
93GSDude
antispam: No

Re: Big D's MX3 GS

Post by 93GSDude »

05/10/2010
Motor Pics!
KLDE with Approximately 130k on it should be dropping it in this weekend!

any suggestions on what i should do, just a refresh build or just plop it in? This will be my daily driver with all the bolt ons as my probe is my project car!
I'm like a little school boy with the excitement to drive it after the swap!
93 GS 5 spd- DE Swapped DC Cone Filter, Resonated Test Pipe, Hot Shot Headers, Borla Muffler, Ebay Short Shifter. Black Projector HeadLights/Tail Lights
96 Probe SE-GT Conversion 2.5l 5 spd -Bomz Racing Intake,Greddy Sp2 Exhaust, Short Shifter, Headers, XTD Clutch,XTD Flywheel, ZE Curved Neck Manifold *AVC Boostwerx* Spring '09
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I say, while you have it in a stand, you might as well rebuild it, and upgrade, as much as you can afford. A little P&P, deshrouding, and port matching goes a long way. Balancing helps, but costs a bit. What IM are you going to put on it?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

thats what everyones been telling me....as for IM just the stock DE maybe later on a curved neck! Can't wait!
93 GS 5 spd- DE Swapped DC Cone Filter, Resonated Test Pipe, Hot Shot Headers, Borla Muffler, Ebay Short Shifter. Black Projector HeadLights/Tail Lights
96 Probe SE-GT Conversion 2.5l 5 spd -Bomz Racing Intake,Greddy Sp2 Exhaust, Short Shifter, Headers, XTD Clutch,XTD Flywheel, ZE Curved Neck Manifold *AVC Boostwerx* Spring '09
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

so my DE swap is almost complete we got it started but it sounds like its missing the distributor cap has quite a few cracks in t so we'll replace the cap and see how that goes. Thats the only thing thats keeping me from driving her around! after this I'll start body work!

(Pictures will be posted at a later date)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Cool! What year is the engine? If it's newer, you may not have the common disty problems.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

I just hope you change out that valve cover lol
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

its a 94 i believe, We started it up and had a problem there sounds like there's a huge vacuum leak coming from the back of the intake manifold so when i get some more time i'll have to take that back off and check it out, but i drove it around and it felt good no misses or anything just that annoying vacuum leak!

And yes the valve cover i was so upset with myself on that one..I had a nice painted red mazda vc that i had on the 1.8 and when i was in the process of takin it off i set all of the bolts on top of the vc and i did not realize i didn't take them all off and broke a big chunk of the vc off....sooo now i'm in search of another or i'll just shave the ford off of the current one Lol

It's going to be my panda bear soon enough, It'll be painted white with a stock black gs lip it has black projectors with black tails and then black 17's tint will also be applied as well! :-P
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

Update, it was stuttering and not idling right because of my stupid mistake! When i swapped the Fuel Rails over from the K8 mani to the DE I forgot to swap over one of the Injector Seals over and that's what was leaking. So now she runs except vris one is not operation so I have to tie that open. and Where can i get couplers that fit the de Intake and are big enough to fit on the VAF/MAF w.e that thing is called?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

They sell reducers at parts stores, 2.5" to 3".
If you have the ability, I recommend cutting the end off of a Stainless Steel Martini shaker, and using it as a reducer.
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

Update 06/25/2010

Started sanding her down the front bumper hood and fenders for some reason were still really glossy but the rest of the car was faded red which made me think the car was in an accident. Anyways I'll be painting it white with the lip and side mirrors black and black wheels of some sort. Here's some progress pics
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

Update she's painted 06/27/2010

She's painted white here are some pics

Don't mind the painted tip s new 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust is on it's way with a magnaflow street series muffler!!! I'll also post more pics when the wheels are cleaned and painted black along with the front bumper on
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Wow man everyone's painting their MX-3s recently, did you do it yourself or what?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

yeah I painted it with my dads guidance lol We used tractor implement paint from fleetfarm bought a thing of hardener used an hvlp spray gun and there you have it cost me about 40 bucks total not including bondo and sandpaper. But Its been something that needed to be done having a half sunfaded red and half glossy red just didn't look right haha
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

07/06/10 Updated Pics

So she's painted right now, a few spots that need to be redone but nothing major! But I purchased a GS Lip that needed to be fixed from a member on probetalk! Also I painted the wheels...this should be it besides tint coming for the MX-3 for a while, since it is my daily and it's time to focus my undivided attention back to my first love my probe but enough talk here are the pics!

Let me know what you guys think!
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

Looks good man, I'm not to sure on the different color lip and spoiler but that's just me. I love :love: the mx3 in white..
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”