TIP: HOW TO MAKE YOUR WIPER COWL LOOK LIKE NEW!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jhonnymarsh
antispam: No

Re: TIP: HOW TO MAKE YOUR WIPER COWL LOOK LIKE NEW!

Post by jhonnymarsh »

it works really well. I used some of the back-to-black on the scuff guards and ashtray cover and it worked pretty well, but will fade on exterior surfaces too quickly for me. I don't want to have to rework the coating every few months so a paint job was the option of choice for me. It is shiney like when you put plastic polish on it, but not too shiney that it is reflective. It didn't sand it and left the texture of the paint so that it has some texture.
Tollis
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tollis »

I used Krylon Fusion Plastic paint on mine with a coat of clear and it looks great has been on for about 6 months through a Northern Canada winter and 40 deg C sun and hasnt faded
Cody
1993 GSZE SE
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Stablo87 wrote:kind of off topic, but i changed my rear wiper to a 28 inch.
Kind of off topic?,,,Ya think.

Anyway, I used mar hyde from a quart container and sprayed it on my 89 Toyota 4Runner plastic top and it looked real nice. Kinda satin finish. Looks like you can get it in a spray bottle as well. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... RNBJ51DFbl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hey as far as the tooth brush goes, do you think a Reach Oral Rotaional Plaque remover will work? http://www.reachbrand.com/find-tool.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Thanks
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I might add that the magic eraser works shockingly well for this purpose as well, I hit mine a little bit while doing my hood and it's been perfect for going on 3 months. I was surprised...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

what were you doing to your hood with a magic eraser?... :lol:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
12vguy

Post by 12vguy »

Has anyone tried wipe new ?

Return to “Appearance”