'new '95 mx3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Rass
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

'new '95 mx3

Post by Rass »

Hey all, I just got a '95 mx3 (5 speed manual, standard 1.6 dohc b6) and was looking for opinions on several things that are getting fixed/replaced. This is my first mx3 and I am not too familiar with them.

The list is as follows (this is not a work log, looking to get opinions, The worklog has a lot of stuff to do):

Hood- cracked and covered by car bra, also the inner structure has broken welds- recommendations?
outer tie rod ends - probably will be replaced with moog
ball joints - probably will be replaced with moog
cv shafts - who makes the best/lightest?
missing rear wing - stock or aftermarket and recommendations (p.s. i would like to keep it relatively stock looking,
I don't like standing out for cops)
struts - monroe or KYB
engine - currently the b6, thinking about doing a NA BP swap ( i would like to keep good gas mileage, it gets about 34
mpg hwy right now)- current engine smokes on startup (blue), has bad vacuum and vsv's, leaks oil
vents - always fall to the down position, is there any way to fix this (they are the circular ones)
Last edited by Rass on July 4th, 2010, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rass

Re: 'new '95 mx3

Post by Rass »

also, the current exhaust looks like a swiss cheese factory starting right after the exhaust manifold, this definately needs replacing but I do not want a loud exhaust to alert cops with but would still like a good performance exhaust or possibly thinking of putting a cutout before everything
ice_mann
antispam: No

Post by ice_mann »

I'm glad to see another person that's converted to the mx3 world, that being said welcome to the forum. For any OEM parts check your local auto salvage/junk yard or check the for sale section here, there's tons of stuff.
For anything else use the search function at the very top of the page, you should be able to find out pretty much anything you could ever want to know about our cars.
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

intros usually get posted in the intro section, but welcome aboard anywho.

where are you from?
Rass

Post by Rass »

currently I am in Peabody, KS but will probably move back to Ohio, maybe Canada Eventually (it comes from the personally belief that the U.S.'s current government sucks, is corrupt as all get out and is full of Shiatzoo)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”