vertical/suicide doors?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: vertical/suicide doors?

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

wytbishop wrote:1995 called...and laughed at your Lambo doors.

Sorry man...Lambo doors are over.
You actually care about trends?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

How else do I prove that I'm cooler than everyone else?

DUH...
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

wytbishop wrote:How else do I prove that I'm cooler than everyone else?

DUH...
Hah, hah, made my day with that one. :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

fowljesse wrote:The issue is more about cuting out crucial parts of the unibody's structure. The roof, especially just above the doors, keeps the car from bending in half, drooping in the middle, and twisting. It's like a double arch style bridge.
Oh, that makes sense... it wouldn't have any compression strength at the top, so it'd just crumple... right?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

i think someone should do suicide doors on a mx3 with some shaved door handles. that would be sick.
if i ever get the money to blow on stuff like that i would like to do it to my gs
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

red17 wrote:i need to look him up then, what about the universal kits on ebay, think they might work?

how can you not like this?
Pain in the Behind to get out of when your 5 ft 11 and you use the door to yank your self out of that hot thing
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Maliceday »

I use to love the Lambo doors... Use to... Now, this is about how I feel...

To answer your question though, some kits are 'bolt on' some require cutting and welding. Most bolt on kits state that some modification may be required. So, unless you go to a site like http://www.verticaldoors.com/ and get a set that was made spacifically for the MX-3, then your probably going to have to do some work for proper results.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...

Return to “Appearance”