headers before dyno

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

headers before dyno

Post by eunosklde »

Hey folks got a question for yous if you can help us.I got a 92 mx3 with a KLZE with 101 heads,the later series KLZE without the KL31 cams and high comp.Got it dyno'd with 115 kw at the wheels.The mx3 is stock just got a k&n pod airfilter and a connen muffler.Thinking of buying headers like the chrome ones on ebay.How much kw do they give.with and without stright throw exhaust.Dont belive what thay say on the websites,just belive you guys.thanx for any hints or help.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: headers before dyno

Post by fowljesse »

You can find some good posts here about it, using the search, that list the HP increase of the different kinds. I believe you will gain about 5-7HP on that engine.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

fowljesse wrote:You can find some good posts here about it, using the search, that list the HP increase of the different kinds. I believe you will gain about 5-7HP on that engine.
I agree, with headers and full exhaust you may get 5-7whp, 8-10HP crank if you are lucky. With just headers you may make a few HP.
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Thanx boys for your help.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

I'd expect to make 120-122KW on your next dyno but who knows, could be more, be surprised if it's less.

You in Australia, I'm just wondering because of the Eunos name and you referring to KW instead of HP?

I just bought headers off ebay, was a b---- to fit but worked out nicely. Going to get a dyno and stuff soon. Still need to get the exhaust modified to fit though. No muffler = loud as hell.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Yeh bro from sydney everyone uses KW for power figures,people stooped using HP years ago.How did you go on the dyno!
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Haven't been yet but planning to in the near future.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”