v6 mx3 spark problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: v6 mx3 spark problem

Post by Daninski »

Why has no one mentioned the HEI mod to him. Modual is $15 bucks or so and the coil MSD is around $45. Tower and coil wire is about $20 and hey no more disty problem. I'm in such a good mood I'll even include for no additional expense a link to the HEI mod FAX but act now cuz we can't offer deals like this all day. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Finally I'm willing to include, only for today, a link to a site that mods disty caps for you just in case your not exactly proficient with your hands. Actually i have the link at home so if you'd like the link PM me. The caps with a modded tower are around $45. Just call me,,,Vince
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

the HEI mod is indeed NOT the fix-all it is made up to be.

It solves the ignitor issue, but not the cam position sensor issues, which the car needs to run, and can cause a no-spark or odd-spark situation.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
zackqw

Post by zackqw »

yeah, thanks but i really dont want to buy a mod and then relize im sol without a part or something messes up then i have to spend more money and time that i dont have just to fix my mustake.. sooo.. new dizzy sounds fine to me.. thanks anyways
zackqw

Post by zackqw »

ok i got a question.. i was told there is a wire on the bottem part of the motor that if the cap is cracked or broken or really oily cld cause no spark or odd spark.. its a plug with a wire leading to like a cap that looked like a map sensor kinda thing... not sure but napa told me about it.. someone please give me more info? and location? sorry this is all the detail i can give atm.. im thinkin its about
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| long? idk help lol
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

zackqw wrote:ok i got a question.. i was told there is a wire on the bottem part of the motor that if the cap is cracked or broken or really oily cld cause no spark or odd spark.. its a plug with a wire leading to like a cap that looked like a map sensor kinda thing... not sure but napa told me about it.. someone please give me more info? and location? sorry this is all the detail i can give atm.. im thinkin its about
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| long? idk help lol
is it possibly crank position sensor?
http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDeta ... 62&PTSet=A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
zackqw

Post by zackqw »

Yes. it is the CPS thanks ^_^.. yeah location would be awesome!!!!
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

zackqw wrote:Yes. it is the CPS thanks ^_^.. yeah location would be awesome!!!!
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/photo.php?f ... F2-154.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Need to check it with multimeter as described. However if it's bad your CEL check engine light would probably be on
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ryan wrote:the HEI mod is indeed NOT the fix-all it is made up to be.

It solves the ignitor issue, but not the cam position sensor issues, which the car needs to run, and can cause a no-spark or odd-spark situation.
Stick with your 4 bangers Ryan. Since when did the cam sensor become a common problem? We all know what the HEI is for besides the fact it gives you a stronger spark and that can't be bad. 92-93 disty had cam sensors, not sure about 94 and 95-97 no cam sensor in the disty.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
zackqw

Post by zackqw »

i have no check engine light on so its not the CPS? the damn thing wont stay running for a minute now.. just dies over and over.. and it started to run then die but before it kills its self it starts to run again.. then dies... is there anyone in spokane WA that has a extra disty? or willing to put there disty up for a test? i dont want to spend 300$ on a brand new one if its not the problem.. and my back 3 spark plugs i cant get the rubber boot to come off the stupid spark plug so i can get the plug out of the damn hole.. any ideas? and if u live in spokane wa and are willing to please contact me via pm and ill give u my number... Thank you so much for all the help..
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

and my back 3 spark plugs i cant get the rubber boot to come off the stupid spark plug so i can get the plug out of the damn hole..
put a glob of superglue on the plug wire and stick it back in, let it dry for 10min then the cap should come out with the cable. i tried many different things before i came up with that genious method.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

coat hanger will take them out also
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

tried that and i didnt have much luck. also tried taping a screw onto a stick, and rigging a straw up to a shop vac. least time consuming/easiest would probably be the superglue. crawling ontop of your motor trying to fish it out with a coat hanger isnt the funnest thing in the world.
zackqw

Post by zackqw »

well i tryed to use a very long pair of needle nose pliers but it didint work.. And now i ask myself.... why didint i think about superglue?..... after i get home from the plasma center ill try it... thx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”