Ebay...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
TrevorTheGallant
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Ebay...

Post by TrevorTheGallant »

This is like a 3 part question...
Do you guys often buy things off Ebay for your vehicles...
Are you sketched out about doing so?
and how often have you either been screwed over or had good luck with your buys??
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Ebay...

Post by mikeinaus »

i buy alot of stuff on ebay. biggest problem is the wait/cost of shipping from the states. ive had 2 parts end up being defective, a wheel hub and a o2 sensor. in both cases the seller sent me a replacement part free of charge with nothing but an email from me.

just buy from reputable stores, if they have good feedback its for a reason.
jametron

Post by jametron »

I have purchased many things from ebay due to the lack of or rareness of parts here in the uk, mostly from the states but also some from china, it takes a mad amount of time to receive and i suppose you take a chance that they are an honest business but then i always check the feedback first.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I bought a Mercedes there, unseen. I live in the edge :lol: It was a great buy, but I wouldn't recommend this if you don't know exactly what you're getting into. I've bought various things with no problems. I avoided buying things on the 'net for years, because I'm older, but I'm totally comfortable with it now. The only problems I've ever had were on this site, but PayPal gave my money back.
Always look for feedback, wherever you get your stuff from.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

i've bought alot of stuff off ebay, from here in canda, aussie, us, china, japan etc and have only had about 2 problem's but they were taken care of. I have learned to only use paypal, the couple time's i was ripped off were when i used western union and a personal cheque. online the only real trouble I have had were on this site with Oscar's horrible turbo kit buy that he dropped the ball on and a guy back east named dragon kolverat who was just a douche. I buy online stuff all the time from car site's, ebay, kijiji, castanet, craigslist and more. You just have to pay attention with feedback, shipping cost, how payment's can be made and read everything to see if it sound's fishy, as well if it is too good to be true in most cases now day's it is unless it was listed wrong, I don't get as many good deal's anymore like i used to.
1993 White gs klze.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I worked customer support for eBay for a few years. It is a safe site, just stick with PayPal as mentioned and buy from sellers with good feedback.

eBay is making it alot harder for scammers these days so the chances are slim that you will get ripped off.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The biggest problem I've ever had on ebay was an occasion when my item was lost by the USPS. It's a huge pain in the butt because it's not the seller's fault and USPS could care less about you. Add that to the fact that they wanted to blame Canada Post in my case and you have two government agencies that think it's not their problem and don't give a crap about your $75.

Get tracking on everything and be ready to go to the mat for your money.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I don't buy off ebay anymore. No more knock offs!!

Buy from Image In Motion. They are in the same province as you are and are great to deal with.
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I don't buy off ebay anymore. No more knock offs!!

Buy from Image In Motion. They are in the same province as you are and are great to deal with.

Haha ebay is flooded with home made knock offs.

Generally you can find a local 'tuner' shop in major cities around you. Sometimes the prices can be good and sometimes not so good. I would recommend befriending them in order to get the 'hook up' =)

Also avoid those hole in the wall shops as most of them just end up ordering the 'performance parts' from ebay anyways and mark them up like crazy.
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

I buy from EBay daily.... maybe once a year i get a crappy seller who doesnt want to take responsibility..
but paypal & ebay as a combined effort... make it right in the end... im happy with all the things
i have purchased from Ebay. :)
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
red17

Post by red17 »

i buy from ebay quite often, and not only for my car.
ive never really been screwed, but ive gotten things that i thought would be better or different
mxmikey

Post by mxmikey »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That whole thread is about a bad ebay experiance.

I bought front blinkers off Ebay with no problem. I also bought a Snap On MT2500 scanner off of Ebay so I could read my MX-3's codes (all my friends scanners only did American cars)

I was also wondering if anyone had bought these and if they were good or a pos?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-Re ... 3262wt_902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS/SE

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”