Cut My Antenna Off, Radio Wont Work now.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Cut My Antenna Off, Radio Wont Work now.

Post by umcamara »

umcamara wrote:This is how the subject line reads to me, "Help! I cut my antenna off! Can't figure out why I have no radio reception!"

That clear tube thingy goes down to the rocker panel on the driver's side. I believe its some sort of groundy/receptiony device...
I had an extra antenna lying around, and the clear tube is what the antenna retracts into when it is down. Duh... I can't believe I didn't know that...
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mx3TD

Post by Mx3TD »

my antenna never retracted... i tried pushing it and it just bent hahah.
1992 MX3, RS..Sanded... Short shifter,Seat Covers;) , Fart can that sounds decent (:
1992 MX3, GS. Lowered, 18in. chrome rims., Blacked out Tails, Weird Bodykit.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

step 1) align flathead with key hole as if you were going to insert it into the keyhole.
step 2) smash the end with a hammer to punch out the key lock cylinder
step 3) get a new glove box cause chances are that you are going to cause some collateral damage to the cover.
Mx3TD

Post by Mx3TD »

haahah so do i want a big flathead?orr... a smaller one that will just fit inside it?
1992 MX3, RS..Sanded... Short shifter,Seat Covers;) , Fart can that sounds decent (:
1992 MX3, GS. Lowered, 18in. chrome rims., Blacked out Tails, Weird Bodykit.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

medium sized one that fits in the key hole, dont be surprised if it does not work without destroying the lock cylinder. You may be able to get a bump key to work. What you do is file down a spare mx3 key so that all the peaks are the same height as the smallest one, stick it in the slot so that about 1/4" sticks out tap the end with the handle of a screwdriver while trying to turn the key at the same time, I have gotten that to work on a few glove boxes over the years might work on the mx3 one. Also make sure you spray some penetrating oil in there first and let it sit for about 10 mins just in case its a sticky lock cylinder.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”