GS overheats but only at idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: GS overheats but only at idle

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

DeadMaker wrote:You might check the air bubbles in the radiator..It is a reason that the fun can not work
Before a fed days i changed the waters.When i put the new water the fun wasn't working..It was the air the reason that the fun couldn't work.To put out the air you must do this
Open the radiator cup and start rising the rpm engine from the throttle.Do the rising again and again.you will see air bubbles coming out.Repeat it until the fun starts working.
If it doesn't work empty the water and start your engine.As you filling the radiator with water you will push up the rpm in the same time.Do this until the radiator is full.
Don't listen to him. No offense.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
DeadMaker wrote:You might check the air bubbles in the radiator..It is a reason that the fun can not work
Before a fed days i changed the waters.When i put the new water the fun wasn't working..It was the air the reason that the fun couldn't work.To put out the air you must do this
Open the radiator cup and start rising the rpm engine from the throttle.Do the rising again and again.you will see air bubbles coming out.Repeat it until the fun starts working.
If it doesn't work empty the water and start your engine.As you filling the radiator with water you will push up the rpm in the same time.Do this until the radiator is full.
Don't listen to him. No offense.
Why do you say that???
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

because
#1 you don't put water in a motor
#2 if the fun doesn't work, you probably need a new girl.
#3 its a terrible idea to run the motor at all without coolant.
#4 you should be squeezing the lower rad hose with the cap open to move the bubble, adding coolant as needed.

and its not a bubble. It would overheat all the time with a bubble.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Ryan wrote:because
#4 you should be squeezing the lower rad hose with the cap open to move the bubble, adding coolant as needed.

I don't know exactly is called in english the type of water which is used in radiator that's why i used the phrase water

This is not the best idea to get out the air and for sure the manual doesn't write this.

The manual says that you must have the engine on and in the same time to fill the radiator with coolant while you push up the rpm from the throttle.In this way there will be no air in the radiator and the coolant will make circuit and the fun will work.If the air is the problem.
This is what exactly what the manual says for the 323f BG.It is not my fantasy, and I don't think there is any difference with mx3.
I had a problem with air when i changed the coolant and the fun didn't work.I did exactly what the manual says and now everything is works!!No rising temrature.
_-Night-Shade-_

Ryan wrote:because

Quoting for epicness :lol:
_-Night-Shade-_

Okay but to be serious, if you actually read his posts you'll see that the issue isn't air in the cooling system, it's his rad fan not wanting to turn on at all. He even did the diagnostic TPS test and it still didn't come on.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

for giggles, the Mazda coolant replacement guide http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... E1-005.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that and the next page. The squeezing lower rad hose is a backyard mechanic trick. Its worked good for me.

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... E1-012.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

diagram of rad fan circuitry.

Later in those pages is the diagnostics for all the parts.

Oh, and I apologize for mocking the non-anglophone. Isn't it sad when sometimes you can't tell between someone who can't speak the language because its not their mother tongue, and someone who still can't speak it and it is?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Ryan wrote:for giggles, the Mazda coolant replacement guide http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... E1-005.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that and the next page. The squeezing lower rad hose is a backyard mechanic trick. Its worked good for me.

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... E1-012.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

diagram of rad fan circuitry.

Later in those pages is the diagnostics for all the parts.

Oh, and I apologize for mocking the non-anglophone. Isn't it sad when sometimes you can't tell between someone who can't speak the language because its not their mother tongue, and someone who still can't speak it and it is?
Yes it is..Especially for the person who has this language mother tongue..A btw this isn't my mother tongue
JPv6

Post by JPv6 »

Ok sounds like time to test the fan directly. Should be fun, it's in a cramped space. Thanks guys!

Question about jumping TEN and GND, it says in the manual to do this and then open the throttle slightly THEN turn the ignition switch on. I've been turning the ignition on first then opening the throttle, should that matter? I'd need a friend to help with this if I've been doing it wrong.
93 GS Laguna Blue. JDM K8 engine.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

It shouldn't matter. The fan will only turn on after the car is in the ON position and after you move the TB to a certain point (triggers continuity in the TPS).
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
JPv6

Post by JPv6 »

Still haven't had time to test the fan directly, but have not had any overheating problems. Two questions though. Since I have owned the car, when it reaches operating temperature, the needle is slightly above halfway, is that because the fan isn't working? Also, I seem to have more power when the engine is cold, is this normal?
93 GS Laguna Blue. JDM K8 engine.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”