Where do your temp gauge needle sit? over halfway?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: Where do your temp gauge needle sit? over halfway?

Post by SpatialTerror »

my gauge does work. i have the other sensor out.
so my fans run fulltime
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

yeah thats the problem with the 2 wire ect sensor out the ecm goes into default and that throws off air/fuel mix, fans etc. I would definately put the 2 wire in by drilling/tapping the hole for it if I were you.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so while ur at it i got 2 more questions.
could i just swap the sensor out so it plugs into the one for the ecu. just as a temporary
and i deleted the egr. am i gonna throw codes.
ive been told i am.
and will that put the ecu into protect?
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

you will throw egr codes with the delete unless the ecu is chipped, you can swap the sensors and plug the 2 wire in but you will lose the dash gauge if you do so. egr codes will not really throw it into protect mode but it will knock you down a little bit to prevent damage to the engine, if you still want the performance hook the egr back up but put a plate over the egr valve so that no egr gas can get into the intake. That way you fool the ecu and you still get the egr delete.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

sweetness.
im gonna swap the gauge sensor 2nite. but in a few days ill have the hold drilled and tapped.
i think my ecu is chipped sense it has a sticker on it that says something on it that makes me think that.
ill put up what it says l8r.
so ill just leave the egr unhooked.
thanks for da help
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so i just tried to put the sensor where the gauge sensor should go.
and the hole is smaller and the threads are different.
now this is the sensor that goes where the hole has yet to be drilled.
i plugged it in and started the car and my check engine light went off for a sec when i started the car.
my car currently isnt running in protect. ( i know this from unplugging the sensor that i have in.)
but my cheak engine is on. and my fans run fulltime.
is there a place i could just put that sensor in that will last for a few days till i can drill the hole?
SpatialTerror
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

well the only place I can think of short of the proper place is the coolant overflow bottle, but it will not give you any kind of an accurate reading from that, I would just leave it unplugged for now if I were you until you drill and tap the hole.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

alright. well i finally got some time in a shop today. and tomorrow. so ill drill it tomorrow.
SpatialTerror
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mine sits on the pin and doesn't move at all until my engine is completely warmed up. When it finally gets up there, it's almost dead center.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

MrMazda92 wrote:Mine sits on the pin and doesn't move at all until my engine is completely warmed up. When it finally gets up there, it's almost dead center.
The fuel and temperature needles don't have pins...
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:Mine sits on the pin and doesn't move at all until my engine is completely warmed up. When it finally gets up there, it's almost dead center.
The fuel and temperature needles don't have pins...
I know :P I meant it sits at the minimum, I said that out of habit. sorry! ;(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

Having a problem with it currently and I believe i got it worked out, start the car cold and position with its nose higher than the back. (puts the rad above the heater core) then take the rad cap off and waited till it stopped bubbling air out. The problem seems to have gone away only time will tell.

My temp gauge usually sits the needles width over halfway.
1994 MX-3 Precidia GS. (FIRST CAR<<)
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

yeah still sitting a bit over half... all the time. No problems yet.
93Colttsi

Post by 93Colttsi »

well besides the radiator getting a rock to hit it and leaked all th coolant ouit..... and then at the same time the alterntor took a dump :(

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”