Cheap Ebay HID Kit

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Cheap Ebay HID Kit

Post by Mooneggs »

I would really like to buy h4 HID bulbs with hi/lo... augh sometimes I hate being the only one on this board that even has these parts so I have who can answer my questions....

:crying: :x
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Here is the link for replacement H4 based HID bulbs - if you get those you can use your existing ballasts...... You may have to do some creative splicing to get the "hi" working....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Repl ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

Mooneggs wrote:I would really like to buy h4 HID bulbs with hi/lo... augh sometimes I hate being the only one on this board that even has these parts so I have who can answer my questions....

:crying: :x
will h4 work (fit)? i thought i read earlier in this thread that we need 9004 bulbs.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

neli_nael wrote:will h4 work (fit)? i thought i read earlier in this thread that we need 9004 bulbs.
H4 is for euro/jdm lights.... 9004 is for North American lights......
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

I bought a 6000k kit 3 months ago from this seller on eBay. Cost me around $100 shipped for the kit with hi/lo beam, installation was easy; you just have to make sure the bulbs are placed vertically so the beam is aimed upwards when you turn your high beams on.

Everything's good so far, it's been 3 months now. The headlight didn't melt; I think the HID's actually run cooler and use less power...
mihneacordescu
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mihneacordescu »

I am a fun of tuning and I invested in my car some stuff and now I’ll add a Bi-Xenon.
I think my car deserve it and is good for me to feel safe.
Professional tuning with kituri xenon
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

i bought mine from there and no prob works fine mind were like 60 and the brand is some thing that starts W/T an x idk but mine are 10k and not an issue W/T them had them for more than a year and still going lol came W/T everything to of course
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

You can go through DDMtuning.com as well for good quality kits as well as accessories for HID's (i.e. relays). They are very affordable, you choose the temp. you want, you choose the bulb you want, and you choose regular or Bi-Xenon kits.

ALL KITS have a LIFETIME warranty so there's no guessing about if your kit will work. If it doesn't, let them know and you'll get a new kit.

With regard to HID kits and the headlight housings, IIRC, HID's were made to be installed in projector housings for optimal dispersement. Putting them into reflector housings make them irritating (and potentially dangerous to other drivers). This is why the light pattern is kind of screwy if you dont have projector housings.

Needless to say, I have a set of HID's in my Jeep (in reflector housings) and they look excellent! 5500K FTW, as it is the closest to natural sunlight so it's optimal for visibility. The further away you get from this temp, the further out you go on the electromagnetic spectrum (i.e. higher temp= closer to Ultraviolet).
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

only thing with ddmtuning is that it takes alot off time to get them...

i ordered 2 kits on may 29 and got my tracking number only on the 09 of june and still did not get my 2 kits...

i dont know if thay have too much orders but its taking a long time!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Same here. 2.5 weeks and then I received my tracking number. One week following that, I received my kit. What happens with them is that they don't tell you when they are out of stock so if they sell too many kits, they'll keep accepting new orders and fulfill each of them as they restock.

This is the most common complaint about them, however, they will always fulfill the order. Customer service could use some work but the quality of the kit for the price is definitely worth it (if you're not in a hurry).
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”