Jipi_qc's '96 Gs

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
jipi_qc
antispam: No

Jipi_qc's '96 Gs

Post by jipi_qc »

Hey guys, I just found out I never done anything on the forum since I'm on it, so here his my MX3 history!
I bought the black one in march 2009, a '93 Gs k8. It had a brand new water pump and TimingBelt, so I tough why not, it was bone stock andthe guy sold it to me for 1200$. I was sure it was a deal! I added the wheels and the ricer vinyl headlights mod. Turns out tat I drove 20kms with it and I lost the waterpump belt tensioner, so I had it 1 day before it spent 2 weeks in the garage ( stupid people who havent ordered the good parts )
Close up of the wheels

After this, in august 2009, I bought a '96 Green Gs, with a KLDE inside, apex/kyb combo, front swaybar, for 2000$, the only thing that it has, is that it runs like it has big a-- cams,but it doesnt, lol, and the radiator fan wont start, i'll look into it this summer. So here it is when I bought it!

It was storred for the winter, so my black one turned out as a winterbitch. :P

And here is how my green car stands after a few changes.

I appologize if I made any english mistakes, I'm french so please don't throw any rocks at me!!
:P
have a nice day!
AndersonR

Re: Jipi_qc's '96 Gs

Post by AndersonR »

nice ride man.... I mean, rides.... !!!
Best regards,
Anderson R
msn: anderventura@msn.com
e-mail: anderson@mx3zone.com
jipi_qc

Post by jipi_qc »

Anybody got other comments? Common guys I want to know what you think of my ride, whether it's good or not, any comments are apreciated! :o :lol:
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

Nice rides man, what do you plan on doing to them?
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

projectors and an intact lip? big thumbs up! :D
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sorry but those rectangle lights have to go. Other than that get working on the 96. What VAF does it have on the intake
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I like the vinyl headlight mod.
You got kind of lucky that the green one had the wrap-around spoiler, and 5 spoke rims. They are good for Autocross racing.
Those rims you put on look good, and I'm a big fan of the projectors.
How is it that your hood is slightly off color?
Your English is good :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
jipi_qc

Post by jipi_qc »

Well, the rectangle lights were on my beater, I loved driving in the night on some backcountry sandy roads (rally style) but my driver seat just went throught the floor last week when I was about to go. And the lip has been repaired, it's half from my black car and half from the green one, fiberglassed and painted black. On the 5 spokes rims, I would have kept them, but I noticed when I was changing the top plates in front one of them had a big crack in it, wich is not really safe, I'll try to take some pictures of it. The green car is a '96 has been swapped with a '93 harness, so it has a kl07 ECU and a KL02 Maf, and it seems the ECU is chipped, I want to find an original one if anybody has one laying around :) And for those who asked what I want to do to her, well, I'd absolutely love to have some mazdaspeed sides and rear valence, and I have a 2.5" exhaust and headers I have to install, but headers are a pita to do when you dont have acess to a lift or a pit. I also have a set of E55 projectors comming from the forum (thanks mazdamaniacmx3) I want to retrofit them in the stock houssing, with some insides from an audi a6 lights but it's nothing sure yet, and I will document the light swap for sure! And finaly (lol) the hood is black because it was on the beater, and the green hood had MAJOR rust on it, like rust holes and it was barely holding on the bolts!

Thanks for the comments!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”