plz help me engine troubles

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
carr2626
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

plz help me engine troubles

Post by carr2626 »

i got a 1.8 stock mx3 gs. the other day it stopped running and i read the codes it read crankshaft ne2 sensor and tps sensor. i bought a tps and the crank sensor had frayed so i reapired it it ran fine, i was curious to see if the old tps would work so i put it back in and it did work fine and also brought my idle back to normal where as b4 it was bout 1500. now 1 week later the car will not idle without stalling i must give constant gas and low rpms r rough but in the high rpms it runs normal and great ne ideas to wats rong?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: plz help me engine troubles

Post by Ryan »

NE2 is the crankshaft position sensor in the disty. It requires you to replace the entire distributor.

Your idle should be half of that. 650+/- 30 rpm.

Set the idle properly. Warm her up to operating temp. Jumper TEN and GND in the DIAGNOSIS box. Start the car. turn off all electrical loads, and make sure the fans aren't running, etc...

Twist the big screw in the top of the throttle body till its about in spec.

While you're there, you can set the TPS. Adjust it until the fan comes on, and then slowly slowly move it back untill the fan jsut turns off. this is the cheap way, but it works.

bouncing idle/stalling is commonly caused by vacuum leaks. check the main accordion tube for cracks, and other vac lines that may have been forgotten.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: plz help me engine troubles

Post by SpatialTerror »

umm im not a moderator. but ya this was poste in da wrong place
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”