Transmission swap not starting...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Re: Transmission swap not starting...

Post by nos92mx3 »

how about the ground by the thermostat housing?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

Ok, finally got around to more testing and trying to figure out what is going on. Tonight I got everything else back together and started to track down my starting issues. I tested the spark from the Ignition coil, still nothing. Tested the ignition coil, primary resistance was .9ohms, and secondary was 12.45 kohms. according to my chilton's this is correct. then checked batter voltage at 12.06v, then checked positive on the coil harness and ground and got 11.86v. So power is getting to the Ignition coil.

Double and triple checked all grounds and all electical connections from the swap and all are good.

When removing everything to get to the upper mounts of the transmission I did unscrew the two phillips screws from the MAF/VAF and when I realized that was not how to unplug it put them back in. Could this be causing my issues. Did I screw up my MAF.

As of right now I am out of ideas. What else do I check.

Thanks,
Jason
Kakarot 135
BlazeSquall
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by BlazeSquall »

I did the same thing with the AFM.

I thought I couldn't possibly have damaged it. Wouldn't idle. Cranked fine.. turned over and died. Hours later I checked the AFM terminal for continuity. It had none.. took off the top thing, realized that I broke off 3 connections to the PCB. Took it off, re-soldered them ( The guy before me obviously did this too since there was solder on it already.. not factory work ). Fired right up.

Check those connections!
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

thank you everyone for your help, it was the MAF. the car is no back to the land of the living
Kakarot 135

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”