Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
marcdh

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/20 CF Hatch pic

Post by marcdh »

cracking stuff! I bet your boot shoots up like a rocket when you pop it!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

negative... the hatch is so light that the stock struts are too much for it! You can't even close it with them attached - keep in mind it's about half as heavy. I'm debating whether I want to source a similar set of struts but just with half the strength...
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

Dam bro sweet work log man !! thanks so showing ur project on the mx and take care of that beauty ! lol
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Wow that looks great! I'm so jealous :oops:

How does the car feel with the CF/lexan?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm actually really impressed... I had this paranoia that losing that much weight in the rear would cause major oversteer and I would lose control and crash... but that hasn't happened yet and if anything it's made the car closer to neutral.

Keep in mind this car has more weight since it has a full interior so I guess we'll see what happens when this goes on the race car. Overall I don't think it's going to be an issue with the battery relocated to the rear and I'm happy I acquired this piece!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 4/29 ????

Post by Mooneggs »

So I've just purchased the final piece I need for the next project for this car... ??? 8) ??? I was debating whether I wanted to go this route but this piece kind of forces me to... :shrug:

should have it in a week or 2... :confused2:
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

next project? Im really curious to see what you have in mind here, everything else on your car is completely rare and unique so this I gotta know
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Racing seats?
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

solo_ryder wrote:Racing seats?
I think your right, I remember a post about az3 brackets... hope they're clean looking to get reproductions my sparco's home made bracket isnt lookin so hot
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sleeper6 wrote:
solo_ryder wrote:Racing seats?
I think your right, I remember a post about az3 brackets... hope they're clean looking to get reproductions my sparco's home made bracket isnt lookin so hot
I have been contemplating some sparco sprints for DS and PS as a final interior mod for my car.. But IDK for a DD not to mention the price.. Even tho they are cheap for race seats
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I like the OEM seats.. I am personally just going to get the re-upholstered..
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

no not seats... but actually both cars are getting parts of this project :confused2: :mrgreen:

I too like the OEM seats but I may use the racing set in the race car... not sure yet... we'll see when the brackets get here.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Mooneggs wrote:no not seats... but actually both cars are getting parts of this project :confused2: :mrgreen:

I too like the OEM seats but I may use the racing set in the race car... not sure yet... we'll see when the brackets get here.
Ksports? Stop teasing us haha
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 5/15 new stuff

Post by Mooneggs »

So I did most of this while I was on my vacation a week ago... I acquired another set of Eunos RHD floor mats including the rear ones and little middle one and a much anticipated uber rare piece... the Eunos Indiglo badge!! Unfortunately it's not lighting up and I don't know why since it worked before it was removed :crying: I wonder if the indiglo is not 12v and needs a conversion or something??

Anyways I also went to Corksport and picked up an MS weighted shifter - I have a question about negative affects of a weighted shifter here: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=74070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have a MS grommet coming in a month or so to hold up the shift boot... I also got an MS oil cap to match the strut bar :)

I also received a set of practically brand new wiper arms from Ryan! :mrgreen: You're probably wondering why I am so excited about this... well I found out the wiper arms that I had on the car (since before I bought it) are not right!! I have a thread question about that as well here: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74071" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I took off the CF hatch and resprayed the inner portion of the wraparound spoiler hatch (no more red edges!)

I also bought a seat piece hoping it would have the seatbelt holder... unfortunately it looks like Mazda changed the design after the little strap things broke... oh well at least now it doesn't have the holes for it and looks good (because it's brand new!)

I had an issue where I lost a bolt out of my right rear caliper!! my WTB is here:http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=74073

I've started using my silencer due to complaints from the neighbors... it's amazing it reduces the noise from 89.5 Db to the sound of a normal car... like you can't even tell it has an exhaust!! amazing!

Also had a mini night shoot 8) Lots of pics as usual...

solo_ryder

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 "daily driver" IP 5/15 new stuff

Post by solo_ryder »

Mark you have such cool stuff! I want that shift knob... Anyway you can get a line on one for me?

Also that eunos badge plate thing on the back is BA! Can you get a pic of the indiglo or are you working on that?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”