Tollis's 92 GS worklog

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tollis
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Tollis's 92 GS worklog

Post by Tollis »

So I bought a black 92 GS with the 1.8

It's got some frame rot that I'm working on at my highschool and a bit of body rot.
I'll be posting some pics of the before during and after repairs I'm sure there's some others from the Land of ice and snow (and salt).

I'll also keep posted on the mods and fixing up I do. Planning on adding a whole lot of sexy to it

Plan to do:

HID projector headlights
Black Altezza style taillights
Smoke Bumper lights
Smoke side markers
CAI kit
Short throw kit
Steering wheel
Metal pedals
Racing seats
Interior re-fabricing
Reverse Glow gauges (if I ever find some Canadian ones)
stereo headdock
Fill in the gap between headlights and put an "M"blem on
Fab my hood for Angry eyes look
Full exhaust
16" Black rims

Will prob keep adding more

Not doing much Engine work cause the K8 on it has 352k Km on it
so I'll hold off with the go fast stuff until it blows and I'll slap a ZE in It :p

Gonna keep it nice and clean blacked out on the exterior and a nice red and black interior

obviously not gonna do anything ricey

I'll keep it as current as I can including pictures
Cody
1993 GSZE SE
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Tollis's 92 GS worklog

Post by fowljesse »

Good plan!
I'd like some pics :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Tollis

Post by Tollis »

Yeah it's at my school. I'm a highschool student that's where I'm building it.
I'll get some pics tommorow and maybe put them up if I find time.
Cody
1993 GSZE SE
Tollis

Post by Tollis »

Sorry no pics quite yet. All pics were on my phone and the cable for the computer was a victim of my dog.

Had a small oil leak that I found to be a rusted through oil pan (nonvisible hole) so I began the process of taking the pan off. While I had the strut brace off it's been sandblasted and painted.

Also a friend of mine has a mx3 on his property that has no ownership.
He thinks it might have a ZE in it ! But it's blown up :( the previous owner had it turboed.
Either way it sounds like it might be an SE if it is leather seats and 5 spokes for me :)
also has freshly powercoated Valve covers and other such goodies.
Going to take a look at it this week and might destroy it for the greater good

I'll try and pick up a new cable and get pics up Ive got tons
Cody
1993 GSZE SE
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

That sounds like an awesome donor car youve stumbled upon. just make sure its legit to get the parts the last thing you want is your baby repo'd cause someone says you stripped their car. But definitaly look into that turbo, the pipes and ecm would save you alot if you were planning on making some big power in the future.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Once you get pics happening, you should post thedonor car, too, in case someone knows it, and can tell you more about it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”