vris help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ninja_man
antispam: No

vris help

Post by ninja_man »

so on the klde swap in my 93 gs. the vris no.1 stays open and the virs no 2 stays closed the hole time. both valves work and bothe of the solenoid work. i have tested both what would make this happen.
93 mx-3 with a klde swap. still working on
94 cobra svt. mostly stock.
08 ninja. 1 wheel fun. lol
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: vris help

Post by PATDIESEL »

wut ecu r u using?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ninja_man

Post by ninja_man »

im running the ford probe ecu and vaf
ninja_man

Post by ninja_man »

any one
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My understanding of the VRIS system is that the input to open and close the valves is purely based on RPM not engine conditions. Looking at that diagram on F2-102 the system is quite simple. With the engine running vaccuum is generated and stored in the vaccuum chambers. The IM sucks air through the vents on the solenoids until the ECU sends power to the solenoid to close and then the suction is routed to the actuator closing the valve. The only electronic component is the ECU sending power to energize the solenoids.

Assuming that mechanically everything is sound, either the ECU thinks the engine is always at an RPM when the one is open and the other is closed or the ECU is malfunctioning and sending constant power to one and never sending power to the other for some other reason. If you try another ECU and get the same condition I would say that whichever sensor tells the ECU the RPM for that circuit is at fault. If not...well then it was the ECU.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
davmac

Post by davmac »

Don't overlook both electrical connections and vacuum line connections. Things get pretty twisted up back there and it is easy to make a mistake.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”