best brake pads?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

best brake pads?

Post by mikeinaus »

im just wondering what kind of pads everyone is using, and what they'd recommend? im looking for something with aggressive stopping power, as little brake fade as possible, low dust and quietness?durability is also a plus, the longer they last the better but im more interested in stopping power.

is there a big difference from no name rotors to high-end ones?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: best brake pads?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

you should upgrade to vented (etc) rotors as well.. but ebc green stuff is probably the best you can buy.
There are many factors that make good pads
rotor life
noise
dust
and pad life

ebc are the highest rated that I have researched.

It really comes down to the style of driving you do. Maybe you need a big break kit? Hard to say at the moment. KVR makes a good pad too. I'd still say upgrade the rotors and get the right pad for 'em.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Hawk HPS are pretty good pads
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
PilotSmack89

Post by PilotSmack89 »

I got Brembo drilled and slotted rotors with monroe pads, and I can still stop on a dime from 110km/h, with no noise as well :shrug:
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Get something with ceramic material in it.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

im not sure what pads i have now but my braking is horrible. if i dont downshift it takes me so long to stop. rear pads, rotors and calipers were replaced in august. front brakes and rotors still have alotl of life left in them. im pretty sure i have reybestos pads in the rear.

im just wondering for my next build. im probably going to go with some cross drilled or j-hooked rotors, and im just trying to figure out what kind of pads to go with. i dont really mind about rotor or pad life. if i get good performance i wouldnt mind replacing them every year or 2.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I got autovalue 10 dllr mads. They stop but they can overhear really quickly lol

Pads are so easy to change , I have been wanting to try the slotted rotors for a while now.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

mikeinaus wrote:im not sure what pads i have now but my braking is horrible. if i dont downshift it takes me so long to stop. rear pads, rotors and calipers were replaced in august. front brakes and rotors still have alotl of life left in them. im pretty sure i have reybestos pads in the rear.

im just wondering for my next build. im probably going to go with some cross drilled or j-hooked rotors, and im just trying to figure out what kind of pads to go with. i dont really mind about rotor or pad life. if i get good performance i wouldnt mind replacing them every year or 2.
That shouldn't happen even with the crappiest brake pads. Does your pedal feel spongy? You probably have lots of air in the system which is preventing pressure from being applied to the brakes. Try bleeding your brakes.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i bled them a while ago with solo. there still crappy. they dont feel spongy they just suck. i have to press the pedal down atleast an inch or more before they start to engage. been putting off having them looked at but ive just gotten used to them.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”