I WANT TURBO!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Newfie_dan

Re: I WANT TURBO!

Post by Newfie_dan »

I was just throwing out my experience with them if he choose to swap injectors, I should of clarified that i guess.
sciocchetti
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by sciocchetti »

My buddy has like 6 or more turbos and alot of the other stuff lying around his garage(money saver). I had no intention of using the turbo in the kit i know there s--- but all the other stuff looked decent.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

sciocchetti wrote:My buddy has like 6 or more turbos and alot of the other stuff lying around his garage(money saver). I had no intention of using the turbo in the kit i know there s--- but all the other stuff looked decent.
Ya, "looks decent"

Wategate, bov, AFPR should all be replaced. You really only need the one BOV as well (as long as it is rated for your pressure needs).

Boost controller is cheap, but should be fine. No idea who makes the TT, should not impact anything either. Tach is also crap.

Do your home work.

Also expect to add a wideband O2 ~200.00 and up
Good BOV ~200
Good wastegate 300+
AFPR >100.00
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm very surprised how much help this fella is getting with a topic like "I WANT TURBO!"
we normally just told them to do more research, what happend to these forums! XD
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Evo_Spec wrote:i'm very surprised how much help this fella is getting with a topic like "I WANT TURBO!"
we normally just told them to do more research, what happend to these forums! XD
I was thinking the same thing! :lol:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

I looked through this site alot and i wasnt having much luck. just a whole bunch of people telling other people to research more. The whole point of forums is to help other people and it worked. there is nothing wrong with this thread just people helping people......And i thank you for it.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

sciocchetti wrote:I looked through this site alot and i wasnt having much luck. just a whole bunch of people telling other people to research more. The whole point of forums is to help other people and it worked. there is nothing wrong with this thread just people helping people......And i thank you for it.
Gotta look in the right places my friend 8) :
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the "Forced Induction" page. You'll find the most basic info, experienced info, and advanced info all in one. If you want to turbo your car and are questioning about the best way to manage it, I would put down the wrench and read first :). No one is out to sound like a jerk on here but most won't answer you because they know that you can find the answer at the click of the search button.

Maybe you weren't typing in the right words?? :shrug:
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

First, what is your budget.

Second, disregard knowledge from your buddy trying to sell you a $2000 engine management system and any information from websites other than mx3.com and probetalk.com, unless it's regarding megasquirt in which case check out the megasquirt site.

Then we can go from there.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha yes the whole time reading this.
i was thinking why in the hell is he buying a ebay turbo kit.
ur just spending money to blow your motor.
like its been said the only things good outa that kit are the intercooler, piping, manifold, and lines.
sell the rest back on ebay and buy parts that arent gonna screw you over in the long run
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

I already said i had no intention of using the turbo and s--- and my budget is like $4000 right now
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

4000 is a good budget.
but i would sell the junk parts back on ebay.
and buy good stuff
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

He didn't buy them yet. I'm pretty sure he asked if he SHOULD buy the one kit.

Either way, sciocchetti, how much do you know about turbocharging and where did you learn it? Just curious (no offense)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

I dont know much but im very mechanically intuned. Im 21 and ive worked with cars over half my life and am curantly going for my class a lisence. Alot of my friends turbo'd there cars and i want to do the same. Im patiant and am willing to wait untill i fully understand wht im doing before jumping into a project of this poportion. I want o do this so any advice(good or bad) will help. I work in a garage and have alot of tools. I also have acess to hoists and alot of other useful tools like that. Im better off then some ppl doing it in there driveway..
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well. you see theres a book called maximum boost.
its fairly cheap.
i know if i dont tell you to go get it.
everyone else will. haha
but im still reading it.
it helps alot.
you will be shocked.
SpatialTerror
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

I'll have to check it out....thanx man

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”