klze launching in 1st gear?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shadowmx3

klze launching in 1st gear?

Post by shadowmx3 »

Sorry in advance if this topic is old, but did alot of searching still cant find nothing. Just wondering if i drop a klze in stock with no mod and change my 16" racing hart cp-035 wheel with falkan azinas would it be able to launch in 1st gear? Cause not sure if i should get like light weight flywheel or not to make it really rev, since read alot of people been having traciton problem with light wieght flywheel. Any comment much appreciate.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: klze launching in 1st gear?

Post by SpatialTerror »

well with the ze. it doesnt really matter stock or not.
you try to launch in first gear. your wheels are gonna do nothing but spin.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

your wheels are gonna do nothing but spin.
well with the ze. it doesnt really matter stock or not.
you try to launch in first gear. your wheels are gonna do nothing but spin.
allow me to correct you- Wheel, as in one of them will spin. Get a LSD and some slicks and you can launch. Howver, I would worry more about practicing than what your car has. Most of your gain is going to be from your learning to drive better. Before you get amped up about your driving skills, let me point out that you asked the question ;)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Truth.
My best time was 14.7 with 2 seconds of wheel spin. I watched the video several times, and counted. I was trying to feather the clutch, too. A good driver could have gotten 14 flat, or 13.9 as the car was then. Since then, the clutch has been slipping, so I haven't been able to practice.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Seems 2,000rpm launch is good and how about turning the front wheels back and forth while doing a prelaunch spin to lock up the front wheels.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

2000rpms sounds about right. the trick is in how fast the wheels are spinning while your moving. lower rpms for the the drop of the clutch. then after about 10 to 15mph. more rpm. then shift
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
shadowmx3

Post by shadowmx3 »

Thanks for reply guys, i was hopeing mabe switching to 17" wheel that weight 14-16 pound + yoko ADVAN Neova AD08 with lsd would help, since i just got the ze sitting in the garage like last week and planing what i want done n parts that i need get. Guess it be 2-3 more month to get part i want then drop it, want it rdy for summer, :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”