Seat Belt Motor

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
93GSDude
antispam: No

Seat Belt Motor

Post by 93GSDude »

Hey all I ran into a problem today! I have the electric seat belts and today with my car on i got in it without thinkin and its like the thing got jammed but now it does nothing i can't even move the seatbelt at all is there a motoro i can replace? I'm stumped. its like it can move no the track anymore.
93 GS 5 spd- DE Swapped DC Cone Filter, Resonated Test Pipe, Hot Shot Headers, Borla Muffler, Ebay Short Shifter. Black Projector HeadLights/Tail Lights
96 Probe SE-GT Conversion 2.5l 5 spd -Bomz Racing Intake,Greddy Sp2 Exhaust, Short Shifter, Headers, XTD Clutch,XTD Flywheel, ZE Curved Neck Manifold *AVC Boostwerx* Spring '09
Newfie_dan

Re: Seat Belt Motor

Post by Newfie_dan »

there is a recall by mazda on the power seatbelts for the mx-3, take it to mazda they should replace it free of charge if they don't offer to do it free of charge call mazda head office or threaten to do so and it should be a done deal for you.
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

thanks I hope they do still honor that i just saw the post below about it ha i searched but nothing popped up but sure enough after i opened this thread i saw down below. If anyone has done the recall thing how long does it usually take for them to fix it?
93 GS 5 spd- DE Swapped DC Cone Filter, Resonated Test Pipe, Hot Shot Headers, Borla Muffler, Ebay Short Shifter. Black Projector HeadLights/Tail Lights
96 Probe SE-GT Conversion 2.5l 5 spd -Bomz Racing Intake,Greddy Sp2 Exhaust, Short Shifter, Headers, XTD Clutch,XTD Flywheel, ZE Curved Neck Manifold *AVC Boostwerx* Spring '09
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

Called the Local Mazda Dealership and they said it was done in 2/2012 and said it would be 600 a side to fix. I was like wow now what! Any suggestions?
Savin

Post by Savin »

http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/72803.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read page 4. Extended to lifetime warranty. So if it breaks, they "should" keep fixing it...
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
93GSDude

Post by 93GSDude »

thanks for that! I printed it off and will be taking it to the dealership, proof of the lifetime warranty.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

They should honor it free of charge to you, my dealership said the same thing that it was already done so i called big daddy mazda and they called my mazda dealership. took it n they said it was the motor and they would fix it free of charge, just takes a week for the part to come in so i should be getting a call soon saying to bring it in.
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

*UPDATE*

Got my car back and oh how sweet it is!!! They repaired the seatbelt track free-of-charge...
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

as they should have! glad it got worked out!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”