Steering wheel attachement.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
dropface
antispam: No

Steering wheel attachement.

Post by dropface »

Hi guys.

Someone know what diameter the steering wheel attachement have?
350mm? 300?

1,6l 94mod

Thanks.
- DropFace
Mazda MX-3 1.6l 94'
Evo_Spec

Re: Steering wheel attachement.

Post by Evo_Spec »

there's no way it's even close to 300 and i believe it's actually bigger than that, i think it was somewhere around 400mm give or take a little. (assuming your speaking about the stock steering wheel)

*edit* just read your question again and have NO idea what your asking, but if your asking what size steering wheel you can get for your car than the answer is you can get any size steering wheel you like, be it 300,320,350mm, it's all up to you, you just need to buy a steering wheel hub (boss kit) to replace your steering wheel, than you attach whatever steering wheel you bought to the hub.
dropface

Post by dropface »

Uhh maybe I`ve misunderstood something but here`s what I mean.
This site is norwegian, but anyways, they differ between 315/320/350mm: http://bsbildeler.no/butikk/vareliste.a ... 94/8611/36

Oh, I think I know what you thought I meant. I`m not asking about the original size, but what custom steering wheel will fit the car :) Sorry my bad.
Mazda MX-3 1.6l 94'
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

oh ok ok ok, i see now.
alright, so the size of the aftermarket steering wheel does not matter and ANY size steering wheel will fit, the only thing you have to think about is your signal/wiper arms, the smaller the steering wheel, the more the arms will stick out, so if that bothers you, you might want to get a bigger wheel, i have a 320mm and i don't find it to be a problem

this is the best picture i got as an example to how much it sticks out with a 320mm (it's almost completely unrelated)

hope this helps
dropface

Post by dropface »

Haha, awesome example picture :lol:

Is it a big deal to change steering wheel? Havent any forumuser made a picture post on how its done?
Im not too big of a mechanical guy but I will give it a try.
Mazda MX-3 1.6l 94'
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

different car, same process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDU3MoxMzYM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Any size of wheel will fit... it just depends on your preference. The smaller the wheel the more precise it will feel but it may not be desirable for daily driving...

Also as Evo mentioned... if you go really small the arms will stick out... Also keep in mind that a momo/boss hub kit will bring the steering wheel closer to the arms so you may need a spacer or something...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My wheel was a 300mm, I loved the small size. It was closer to the arms, but it was kinda nice to be able to trigger them with just a flick of the finger, lol. No way I would do a 300mm without power sterring, but I would never not have power steering anyway, not for the way I raced and used to drive.

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Top wheel is a Momo Tornado 350 mm wheel
Bottom is a MS wheel - I thought it was 350 but from the pic it looks a little smaller since you can see the edges of the arms... so maybe it is 330 or 340?

slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

just curious, i just picked up a BOSS Kit steering wheel adapter for my MX-3, and it cam with the adapter, allen head screws, and then this ring thing, can someone explain what that does exactly, the box is all in Chinese or some s--- lol
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

nevermind lol, figured out its what the horn goes into lol
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

HAHA evo I'm envious of your packing skills. I could fit 4 tires in the car (not trunk), but i always had 1 sitting on the passenger front seat.. could never fit 4 in the back like that.. but now i think i can :D.

Anyways mine is on my CarDomain:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2595921/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't link it for some reason so sorry =/.. but yeah.. I love the way it is.. it allows me to "flick" the turn signals/wiper arm.. and I like how the diameter is shorter so it's not as close to the seat.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

lol, that all happened by chance too, i just kinda threw them in and they fit nicely
i actually had a bit more room for at least 2-4 more tires because i took the passenger seat out (hehe, i cheated) cause it seemed easier than trying to find a special way to fit them in.

btw, glad to hear everything worked out for you slayer, pretty easy stuff huh?
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

that is is, i just got confused because i bought a BOSS kit, and a quick release adapter and didnt know why they gave me the ring thing lol
ZE + Pacesetters = <3

Return to “Appearance”