timing belt

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

timing belt

Post by Posey24 »

I was wondering where u guys get ur timing belts. I was on ebay found a couple but no brands i recognize so who do u get them from. Also one kit i looked at said it worked for the 2.5 as well. Sound chinsy but if it correct can i go to auto zone and get a timing belt for that car or engine. Seeing how they cant even order a belt for my engine and year. Props to the timing belt faq.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: timing belt

Post by Ryan »

I think the 2.5 and 1.8 are the same, don't quote me on it though. Mine cost me $70 from Piston Ring.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
davmac

Post by davmac »

Ryan wrote:I think the 2.5 and 1.8 are the same, don't quote me on it though. Mine cost me $70 from Piston Ring.
I confirm - they are the same and you can be quoted. Beware ebay deal unless it is a name brand belt like Gates. It is too much work to change a timing belt and use a lesser quality part.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Most of the aftermarket stuff on ebay is alright. I'd rather save $500 and buy from ebay rather than Mazda. It's a non interference engine, broken timing belts won't kill it. If it was interference, I'd be religiously changing timing belts with Mazda parts only.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Timing belt tensioners and pulleys are the same for the 1.8 and 2.5 as well.

PS. I have a timing belt that is new (out of packaging) I'd sell you if you want. PM me if you'd like it.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
jakegaisser

Post by jakegaisser »

I get my timing/engine parts from partsdinosaur.

http://www.store.partsdinosaur.com/page38.html#361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”