Turbo ZE, need more info!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: Turbo ZE, need more info!

Post by SpatialTerror »

well boosting your motor is gonna kill it faster reguardless. but if you build your motor to handle the abuse it can run really fast for a long time.
yes and it is smart to change your boost from road to dyno to track. but 40% of it comes with tuning.
but it depends on your setup, budget, experience, tools at hand, and tuning.
haha and yea my car is really freakin fast.
the klze is the way to go.
i dunno if you dont got a whole lot of cash the klde is the way to go with a turbo. its a little stronger turbo wise. and yes the compression ratio is lower.
which is what you want when boosting a motor unless you enjoy shooting valves and throwing rods.
but if you got the money i would boost the klze. and you can change the compression ratio. which when boosting the klze. you pretty much have to to get above 7psi.
well i lost my train of though so ill shut up now
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
hgallegos915

Re: Turbo ZE, need more info!

Post by hgallegos915 »

marcdh wrote:
V6dave wrote:
Yes indeed, i'm over in England and there are quite a lot of EVOs and Subarus over here...but you hardly ever see an MX-3, most people never even know what car or make it is when they see it! which is awesome :D adding that to the fact it is the nicest car i've ever driven and vaguely powerful and beautiful to look at it makes me want to get all i can out of it. I plan to own it for a good few years yet and I am thinking of buying another one as a project car to do the boosting to while i drive mine :D
Ahhh nice one! You should join uk-mx3.com. It's no mx-3.com but it's good to see what your local mxers are up to :)
hgallegos915 wrote:And everyone knows my tune is crap..
:lol: I love your self deprecating posts Hector. Well at least your tune has survived years, so it could certainly be worse. Will you ever get MS?

I will one day LOL it has survived I believe aroudn 3 years. I have spiked many tomes to 10 psi however im always looking at my gauges. I dont know why it has not blown, but well hey if it blows after 3 years I say it was well worth it. I know people that blew their engine a week after boosting. I dont know why i have been so lucky... this winter it has been my daily driver and I am very happy with its current performance.

I now got into motorcycles.... way faster.. cheaper and easier lol I still have my mx3 as a daily driver tho.

Im sure anyone can duplicate my set up and be fine.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Forced Induction”