Electrical HELP!!!!!!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: Electrical HELP!!!!!!

Post by SpatialTerror »

when you get the car running does your charge light come on when its ideling? and like one of the other guys said. see if the alternator lines up with the other pulleys. they stupid fu**s at autozone sold me a alternator for a mx6 once and the pulley on it sticks out a little further. so when i put it on and put the belt on it squeeled like a mother. then snapped. and finally figured out they sold me the wrong part.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

To check that, you can hold a ruler or something edgewise against the face of the pulley, and make sure the other face matches up.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

yeah Ryan had it right for checking the alignment. I would remove the splash sheild from that side and reinstall the belt and watch it while the car is started see how the belt behaves, sometimes you can't see a problem unless you are watching it just make sure that you use common sense and wear a face sheild or stay clear of it in case it comes off while you observe it.
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

if u read before this was the second NEW alt that i put on
An i also put on a NEW batt also
im just going to take it in to get checked cause i need my car

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”