klze performance

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

klze performance

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so i have a aluminum crank pulley, short ram air, ceramic clutch, distributor wires and plugs, cat back exhaust, and of course the klze. now i have decided to go n/a performance. what else can i do besides headers to make my car run faster.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: klze performance

Post by mitmaks »

switch all fluid to synthetic
MSD or mallory ignition box
Bigger t/b, port/polish heads, possibly custom grind cam, etc etc...
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Stand Alone
FPR (good brand, no ebay crap)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Colt tri-flo performance N/A cams - http://www.coltcams.com/html/camshaft/index.cfm

listed under domestic/ford probe gt
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Get an engine management system.
The rest depends on your budget, ability, time, goals, etc... If you have all of those, you can get independant throttle bodies, ans coils over your plugs with the EMS. Check out extremethings.com
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

He's listing "distributor wires and plugs" as a power adder. I doubt a stand alone engine management is anything he's ready to install, tune or spend the $$ on.

for bolt on n/a power a good cam grind is the biggest bang for the buck. even if you suck with cars get a manual and a friend to help install them.
A ze with the tri-flo cams and a good intake/exhaust will scream up high . over on PT they do colt cam bulk buys all the time for around 440 usd a set. no tuning, not much hassle, just install and go
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

JWMX3 wrote:He's listing "distributor wires and plugs" as a power adder. I doubt a stand alone engine management is anything he's ready to install, tune or spend the $$ on.

for bolt on n/a power a good cam grind is the biggest bang for the buck. even if you suck with cars get a manual and a friend to help install them.
A ze with the tri-flo cams and a good intake/exhaust will scream up high . over on PT they do colt cam bulk buys all the time for around 440 usd a set. no tuning, not much hassle, just install and go
X2 - Cams are the way to go if u want some NA Power. Maybe upgrade your valve springs to be safe and rev abit higher.

Ditch the aluminum crank pulley, those things are garbage and are not good for your motor in the long run.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Outlaw engineerng intake/TB spacers. Properly adjusting and setting up of your engine i.e. setting TPS, spark plugs, idle.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

What kind of gains should you get from performance cams?
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Bolverk wrote:What kind of gains should you get from performance cams?
depends on the grind.

for example in the 2.5 litre, the JDM cams dynoed 9whp over the USDM cams on a DE with intake/exhaust

The colt tri-flows are expected to be 15 - 20 whp. still waiting on a dyno chart since they are relatively new, not many have them yet
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Hmm, anyone on the site have them on a ZE?
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

probetalk.com youll find about 10 from the last gb bought them for their ZE.. I dont think anyone on this site has them

theres a few with the performance n/a colt grind but not the tri-flo
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

well my overall goal is to have a sh** load of power. but reliable enough to be a dailey driver. now the car alone with the klze hauls a--. i live in a pretty small town with only i think 7000 people and i got the fastest car around. now im kinda new to building my own car for preformance. but ive been around repair shops for a while and know most of the ins and outs to a motor.
now my main question is, is there more preformance and reliability with turbo. or without turbo.
i am willing to do just about anything to my car. i do have a small cash flow but at the current time it all goes into my car
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I recommend doing a search for the WHP list, and checking out the worklogs of the highest powered ones.
Along with power comes responsibility. You should upgrade your suspension, brakes, etc..
For any serious power making project, you're going to need an engine management system.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”