Junkyard parts?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

Junkyard parts?

Post by Posey24 »

Hola everyone. I jus had my 90' crysler lebaron put a rod through my oil pan and burst into flames. Lol it was awsome. It had the 6g72 mitsu 3.0 v6. Now i scooped up a 92' mx3 with the 1.8L v6. On my lebaron i could use stuff from other cars and years. Im keeping my k8 and using it for what its worth so a swap is a no go. ( so says the wife lol) but what other cars and years can i get thing from the junkyard. Like tb intake manifold. I was a jet mechanicin the air force so ican turn a wrench. So any and all direction would be nice. It would also be nice to know if things like cai kit or headers for the probe work on my k8 if so what modle and year.

P.S. I know how to search and ive been reading. But imon my itouch so things are slower and u guys hate on the k8 so much but its what i got so lets hear some input.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Junkyard parts?

Post by 2fazed »

If you keep your K8 engine, anything you do won't be much difference. You can add an intake, or headers, exhaust, but won't be much added hp. The K8 engine can't be upgraded much. Your true options is after an engine swap with a Klde or Klze.

I would simply drive your Mx with the K8 till it dies. Save some money in the meantime, and do the swap. If you are using the search function, you will see most people do the swap. I've done 2 swaps already. The Klde is from 93-97 Mazda 626, Mx-6, Ford Probe GT, and 95-98 Mazda Millenia.

I don't believe your going to find alot of parts to upgrade a K8 from these cars. Just alts, distys, stuff like that.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:werd:
However, I got a little more pep out of my stock GS by making a groundwire set, CAI with K&N cone filter, hollowing the Cat (if you're a lawbreaker like me), changing all the fluids to synthetic, upgrading the plug wires, and shortening them,.... That's all I can think of right now. It all added up to a few more HP. You could try the headers, but the only ones made would be too big, I think.
HOwever, there was a guy who got power out of his K8 a while back, with alot of work, and there have been some successfully turbo'd 8s. It just depends what you want to do.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Posey24

Post by Posey24 »

Id lve to turbo but other mods would be nice in the mean time. How hard is it to do a clutch ur self if uve never done one. Or ill buy aftermarket clutch( any reccomendations ?) and pay labor. Plus i have a rattling noise comming from my timing chain area. No performance loss noticed but still annoying.
Posey24

Post by Posey24 »

Ive searched but can anyone pdirect me to where to buy or how to make a groundwire kit and what exactly do
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

changing the clutch is alot of work. you pretty much have to take the engine and tranny out. the exedy oem clutches on ebay are good. i got mine for $100 and i am very happy with it. if your planning on doing the clutch you might as well throw in a klde motor. labour would be able the same and youd end up with alot more power then any bolt ons will give you. you can get a used motor in good condition for $200-$500 usually.
Posey24

Post by Posey24 »

Im gonna get one and keep my 1.8 til it dies then ill have the other one for power ill build it up otta body with internals and such then turbo bak to the ground wire. Do i make it myself if so how? Or buy it if so where?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/search.php?k ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like going around corners, so I'd also recommend upgrading your suspension, although, stock is pretty sweet!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

You can definitely change your clutch without taking the engine out. You can buy aftermarket parts off Ebay, autoparts stores, or auto websites like Rockauto.com.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”